Saturday, March 3, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: Moderate

New features
None

Improved/Updated
None

Notes
If you revert to National, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
You will lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

"Under-the-hood" and "stability" improvements are expected with every release and are not noted here.

New features
Under the hood

Improved/Updated

{CE:03:01} 0x539
HD User Interface

{CE:03:05} 0x542
Under the hood
Pink screen issue
Dish alignment test

Downloading now. I'm really hoping I'm not going to regret this with how good everything has been working for me.

REPEATABLE

1. Issue: Several Pinks Screens - Just a Few Seconds More was Pink, follow by a solid darker pink. These occur before returning to normal with the Running receiver self-check screen.

2. Issue: Basic Advance Control - Basic Remote Control Advance doesn't function. It goes backwards first and its jumps do not appear to be 30 seconds. You can't do multi-advances. It does works correctly after Keywording either 30SLIP or 30SKIP.

3. Issue: More Info Button - Clicking Info Button does not default to highlighting the Channel Banner's More Info Button

4. Issue: Scrolling Effect Switch - The ON/OFF Switch is not recognized.

5. Issue: Recording Tips - Recording Tips are showing up while Settings/Display/Preferences/Recording Tips setting is in the OFF Position.

6. Issue: My DIRECTV - What's on Now - One of the four What's on Now are showing correct posters and time, but one still has a 6:00a at 11:30 PM

7. Issue: Audio/Language - Setting in BLANK in More System Info screen wen set to English

8. Issue: DirecTV2PC - Info - Well a couple of weeks ago CE got the HR34 Recorded programs to show in DirecTV2PC, but each Recorded Program Info is mark Unknown on all those that I checked.

9. Issue: PlayList Not Staying Current - HR34 PlayList is still not being updated when recent changes are made to Client PlayList. This started with Hx2x 5B3, and continues with 5BA.

10. Issue: Smart Search Bogus Results - Did a Smart Search for 20/20. And it finds the program on local channels I don't get. Which for us NY'rs is ABC-60.

11. Issue: More Info Deletion - Deleting a Recording from the Program's More Info screen doesn't always take you back to the PlayList. Instead, you are often booted to Live TV or some other GUI screen that's not the PlayList when you have looked at other GUI screens while watching the Recording. (A carry-over issue from the SDGUI)

12. Issue: Guide Data Lost w/Single Reset - A single Menu/Reset does refresh PlayList, but all Guide Data is lost. This is another carryover repeatable.

Week by week this list of Issues, that are repeatable, is growing rather shrinking in number.

Last edited:
REPEATABLE

1. Issue: Several Pinks Screens - Just a Few Seconds More was Pink, follow by a solid darker pink. These occur before returning to normal with the Running receiver self-check screen.

2. Issue: Basic Advance Control - Basic Remote Control Advance doesn't function. It goes backwards first and its jumps do not appear to be 30 seconds. You can't do multi-advances. It does works correctly after Keywording either 30SLIP or 30SKIP.

3. Issue: More Info Button - Clicking Info Button does not default to highlighting the Channel Banner's More Info Button

4. Issue: Scrolling Effect Switch - The ON/OFF Switch is not recognized.

5. Issue: Recording Tips - Recording Tips are showing up while Settings/Display/Preferences/Recording Tips setting is in the OFF Position.

6. Issue: My DIRECTV - What's on Now - One of the four What's on Now are showing correct posters and time, but one still has a 6:00a at 11:30 PM

7. Issue: Audio/Language - Setting in BLANK in More System Info screen wen set to English

8. Issue: DirecTV2PC - Info - Well a couple of weeks ago CE got the HR34 Recorded programs to show in DirecTV2PC, but each Recorded Program Info is mark Unknown on all those that I checked.

9. Issue: PlayList Not Staying Current - HR34 PlayList is still not being updated when recent changes are made to Client PlayList. This started with Hx2x 5B3, and continues with 5BA.

10. Issue: Smart Search Bogus Results - Did a Smart Search for 20/20. And it finds the program on local channels I don't get. Which for us NY'rs is ABC-60.

11. Issue: More Info Deletion - Deleting a Recording from the Program's More Info screen doesn't always take you back to the PlayList. Instead, you are often booted to Live TV or some other GUI screen that's not the PlayList when you have looked at other GUI screens while watching the Recording. (A carry-over issue from the SDGUI)

12. Issue: Guide Data Lost w/Single Reset - A single Menu/Reset does refresh PlayList, but all Guide Data is lost. This is another carryover repeatable.

Week by week this list of Issues, that are repeatable, is growing rather shrinking in number.

Plus no you tube my tv apps and pandora i dont have plus many others i have seen on here. ty for list :)

Some issues I noticed:

- If you press Menu, the screen starts to draw, then redraws with everything about 50% larger. Doesn't seem to hurt anything but it's odd.
- Scrolling vertically through the guide a page at a time, or line by line, is slow and choppy
- Lots of redraw issues on the guide, scrolling in either direction

Did the 0545 download last night on the HR34 . I've only had directv for 2 days. But, the things i've noticed versus my stock HR24 is Guide on HR34 is real fast when arrowing up and down. Almost like the "page button was swapped for the arrow". Although it's fast most of the time. It sometimes hits a brickwall. I'd rather see consistency. Also getting some audio glitches at the very beginning of a program when switching channels.

The bottom line is the HR34 has multiple issues which have been mentioned in the above posts. When you change channels the banner at the top of the screen will appear twice sometimes. There is pixellation on the TWC and other HR34 users have reported this in various forums. When you rewind a live broadcast the green status bar flashs on and off. When the box isn't being used it is supposed to retain 90 minutes of activity. I have noticed when turning the box on that sometimes the prior 90 minutes of the channel it was on are there and other times it is not. When you release a beta version of software it should include some fixes but so far that hasn't happened. Another issue I have seen is when changing channels it will appear to switch to the selected channel, then it switches back to original channel and finally it switches to the right channel. This happens intermittently. The Weather channel issue is unacceptable and I have worked with DirecTv's support department and they in turn worked with the engineering department. There answer to the problem is they aren't fixing it and are blaming the problem on the beta software however this issue was there with the NR version. What is amazing is they release a new beta version that doen't fix the current issues and introduces new problems. The NR release of this software was supposed to be out at the end of February and the rate they are going we will be lucky if we get it this year.

Has anyone had problems with their PIP. Once turned on it works fine,, (other than switching what you were watching to the small box) But when I go to move the box from top right to another position the screen goes black. Have to switch turners in order to get picture back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)