HR34 CE Release for the Weekend of 7.6

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Systems in this CE
HR34-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday July 6, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday July 7, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30PM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
Customer Candidate

New features
None

Improved/Updated
MRV Stability
Under the hood

Notes
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours

Previous
  • {CE:04:01} 0x056D
    • My DIRECTV
    • 2 Second banner
    • Pandora
    • Energy Star
    • YouTube and TV Apps launch icons
    • Minor UI updates
    • Game Lounge
    • Channel banner
    • Smart search 50-character
    • Parental controls

• {CE:04:05} 0x0575
    • MRV Stability

ty and have a great weekend and great they are showing some love again for the HR34 :)

Downloading 0576

Haven't had a CE on my HR34 in a month plus, looking forward to seeing maybe just a bit fewer bugs.

I know it's early. But, this one seems to be good. Youtube,pandora an power saving.Nice!!!!My directtv loaded quick! MRV seems to be okay too!!:)

Breaking News: The HR34 is still a POS. Seriously though, this update seemed promising until this morning when I powered it on and all lights came on but no picture. Sound came about 3 minutes after but never any picture. It was not responding to button presses because despite pressing the channel button up or down, the sound remained on the same program. I finally had to red button reboot. I guess it'll be another month of reboots and credits.

Hmmm i have had no problems except very minor problems that is expected with new receiver when they first get released :)

Breaking News: The HR34 is still a POS. Seriously though, this update seemed promising until this morning when I powered it on and all lights came on but no picture. Sound came about 3 minutes after but never any picture. It was not responding to button presses because despite pressing the channel button up or down, the sound remained on the same program. I finally had to red button reboot. I guess it'll be another month of reboots and credits.
Interesting, for a new guy here, you have NOTHING positive in all your posts to this point ...

Could you have a BAD box .... the majority of the others have very good things to say about ther HR34 at this point (current CE)

pandora is in extra (menu then scroll to extras)

youtube works on a smart search. Type in something and it shows "keyword" or "youtube" as options

Sounds like you have a bad unit. Any issue I have had is very minor (I've posted them before) and usually a simple red button reboot fixes it

Interesting, for a new guy here, you have NOTHING positive in all your posts to this point ...

Could you have a BAD box .... the majority of the others have very good things to say about ther HR34 at this point (current CE)

Do my bad experiences really bother you that badly Jimbo? If you bother to read around about the HR34, you might find that many others have experienced stability and responsiveness issues as bad or worse than I have. Unfortunately, there have been those who had similar issues to mine and were issued replacements only to find the same problems existed and they lost their recordings because moronic DirecTV, unlike Dish, doesn't have ANY way to preserve recordings. I'm sorry but I'm not going to be a DirecTV homer and say all good things no matter what. Even the installer that did the install said the HR34 is still having some issues and that I should expect problems.

I thought the whole idea with CE was to report any issues or problems that we experienced. If you don't like negative feedback, tell DirecTV to properly engineer and develop their DVR's before they release them to the public instead of luring unsuspecting customers into a beta tester role they didn't sign up for.

Last night while "The Glades" was recording I went to my playlist and selected the currently recording episode to watch and as soon as I selected play, it went to a blank screen with sound only. No button presses were recognized after that as the program sound kept playing. When it did this, I just left it for about 10 minutes and went into the bedroom to start a record of the remainder of the show on the bedroom DVR (HR21) I had to do a red button reboot and once I was able to get back into the playlist I went thru the recording and although the recording light was still on, it stopped recording about the same time the screen went blank because there was about a 10 minute gap between where it left off and the bedroom recording began. At least the behavior is consistent - it's the same problem as last time.

Please understand, I do like the HR34 when it works so I am the first one who wants the problems to go away. I don't like posting negative feedback any more than some here like reading it.

Sounds like you have a bad unit. Any issue I have had is very minor (I've posted them before) and usually a simple red button reboot fixes it

Any thoughts on preserving recordings? I've filled up 20% of the DVR already with recordings that I don't want to lose!
If I swap to another unit now, they're all gone and to me this is absolutely confounding that DirecTV doesn't have a way to preserve/transfer recordings.

A red button reboot works for me too until the next time the problem arises, which is usually once a day or every other day.

Do my bad experiences really bother you that badly Jimbo? If you bother to read around about the HR34, you might find that many others have experienced stability and responsiveness issues as bad or worse than I have. Unfortunately, there have been those who had similar issues to mine and were issued replacements only to find the same problems existed and they lost their recordings because moronic DirecTV, unlike Dish, doesn't have ANY way to preserve recordings. I'm sorry but I'm not going to be a DirecTV homer and say all good things no matter what. Even the installer that did the install said the HR34 is still having some issues and that I should expect problems.

I thought the whole idea with CE was to report any issues or problems that we experienced. If you don't like negative feedback, tell DirecTV to properly engineer and develop their DVR's before they release them to the public instead of luring unsuspecting customers into a beta tester role they didn't sign up for.

Last night while "The Glades" was recording I went to my playlist and selected the currently recording episode to watch and as soon as I selected play, it went to a blank screen with sound only. No button presses were recognized after that as the program sound kept playing. When it did this, I just left it for about 10 minutes and went into the bedroom to start a record of the remainder of the show on the bedroom DVR (HR21) I had to do a red button reboot and once I was able to get back into the playlist I went thru the recording and although the recording light was still on, it stopped recording about the same time the screen went blank because there was about a 10 minute gap between where it left off and the bedroom recording began. At least the behavior is consistent - it's the same problem as last time.

Please understand, I do like the HR34 when it works so I am the first one who wants the problems to go away. I don't like posting negative feedback any more than some here like reading it.

You obviously wernt around when the HR20's came out, I had plenty of posts that were not great ....

What annoys me is when the people KNOW ahead of time about the bugs they are working on and go ahead and get one and still bitch about it.
If you KNOW it has bugs and decide to still get one, you should KNOW about it and know that D* is working to resolve them.
Sometimes s l o w l y ...

You obviously wernt around when the HR20's came out, I had plenty of posts that were not great ....

What annoys me is when the people KNOW ahead of time about the bugs they are working on and go ahead and get one and still bitch about it.
If you KNOW it has bugs and decide to still get one, you should KNOW about it and know that D* is working to resolve them.
Sometimes s l o w l y ...

Huh? I came into this install not knowing the HR34 had issues until after the installer was done and told me about it and he didn't really give me any specifics. If I would have known this thing required daily reboots I never would have agreed to it. By that time I was locked into a 2 year agreement and it was too late.

Do not come on here and gripe about me doing what I'm supposed to do, which is report any issues or bugs I encounter. You antagonizing me because my messages don't suit your delicate palette is not constructive in any way. In the future I'll just download the update and keep any results to myself.

At this point I've come to understand that DirecTV has decided to railroad HR34 customers into a beta tester role regardless of whether they like it or not. I will just continue to call and receive my "beta tester" credits for as long as I'm inconvenienced by this ridiculously buggy DVR and my wife continues to gripe about how much better Dish was.

Seriously? You're referencing the HR20? It's a sad testament that DirecTV has conditioned you to tolerate paying good money each month to beta test their DVR's for them. Instead of spending your energy ragging on me for reporting bugs with the HR34, try holding DirecTV accountable for continuing to release buggy DVR's to an unsuspecting public. To me, that's ABSOLUTELY unacceptable!

In conclusion, if you don't like my posts, put me on your ignore list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)