HR34 CE Release for the Weekend of 7.6

Yes, Lanarian, I did the iamanedgecutter search before the CE upgrade but I will do it again. I am seeing Pandora now but since I've never used it and don't really plan to right now, it wasn't a big deal to me. Thanks for the tip.

still no pandora for me

It shows up in Extras in the same area as YouTube. That is strange why one HR34 would see it and another one wouldn't. This may be a silly question but did you also do the IAMANEDGECUTTER search as Lanarian advised me to do? How many others here are NOT seeing Pandora after this update?

It shows up in Extras in the same area as YouTube. That is strange why one HR34 would see it and another one wouldn't. This may be a silly question but did you also do the IAMANEDGECUTTER search as Lanarian advised me to do? How many others here are NOT seeing Pandora after this update?

yes i have; i have also tried a red button reboot and nothing; i see the power saver option in the settings and received the pop up message about youtube and pandora the first time after it installed

yes i have; i have also tried a red button reboot and nothing; i see the power saver option in the settings and received the pop up message about youtube and pandora the first time after it installed

That seems strange but not surprising. The HR34 is still a very flaky unit. I also noticed power saver is working on my HR34 as well. Hopefully you see Pandora soon...

That seems strange but not surprising. The HR34 is still a very flaky unit. I also noticed power saver is working on my HR34 as well. Hopefully you see Pandora soon...

do you think it matters that i have a CCK hooked up to my bedroom hd receiver and thats where my internet comes from? the tv apps and on demand work fine and they require internet.

Everything went fine on the down load, but I am starting to get black outs. I can watch a show or sport and some time it goes blank. I then change to channel and go back it is now fine.

Before the CE software, I could see Youtube videos fine by using Smart Search. After the download, I got the message announcing Youtube and Pandora but they didn't appear in Extras, and I couldn't get to Youtube videos in Smart Search anymore. The unit was connected fine to my home network and the Internet.

I reset it three times (from the menu option, not using the red button) and then Youtube and Pandora finally appeared in Extras. Youtube started working again from Smart Search as well.

I never did the IAMANEDGECUTTER search.

Before the CE software, I could see Youtube videos fine by using Smart Search. After the download, I got the message announcing Youtube and Pandora but they didn't appear in Extras, and I couldn't get to Youtube videos in Smart Search anymore. The unit was connected fine to my home network and the Internet.

I reset it three times (from the menu option, not using the red button) and then Youtube and Pandora finally appeared in Extras. Youtube started working again from Smart Search as well.

I never did the IAMANEDGECUTTER search.

i just reset it via the settings and it worked!

Huh? I came into this install not knowing the HR34 had issues until after the installer was done and told me about it and he didn't really give me any specifics. If I would have known this thing required daily reboots I never would have agreed to it. By that time I was locked into a 2 year agreement and it was too late.

Do not come on here and gripe about me doing what I'm supposed to do, which is report any issues or bugs I encounter. You antagonizing me because my messages don't suit your delicate palette is not constructive in any way. In the future I'll just download the update and keep any results to myself.

At this point I've come to understand that DirecTV has decided to railroad HR34 customers into a beta tester role regardless of whether they like it or not. I will just continue to call and receive my "beta tester" credits for as long as I'm inconvenienced by this ridiculously buggy DVR and my wife continues to gripe about how much better Dish was.

Seriously? You're referencing the HR20? It's a sad testament that DirecTV has conditioned you to tolerate paying good money each month to beta test their DVR's for them. Instead of spending your energy ragging on me for reporting bugs with the HR34, try holding DirecTV accountable for continuing to release buggy DVR's to an unsuspecting public. To me, that's ABSOLUTELY unacceptable!

In conclusion, if you don't like my posts, put me on your ignore list.

Well, if you knew what I was referring to about the HR20 as you mentioned in your post, or you wouldn't have replied, it clearly shows that you know the D* product line, if you know the product line you would have had to also known about the bugs in NEW recvrs.
Such as the one you "Blindly ?" got into ?

I have no problem with you posting whatever you want .... just thought you might have been one of the previous D* bashers that came on board ONLY to bash.

As for Beta testing, no they didn't throw anything on me as a Beta tester, I volunteer my Beta time.

I've mentioned MANY times here that I would not get a HR34, for at least a year after it's been out.

Guys, Pandora and You Tube come and go with the new software updates, it usually always comes back, but can take up to 4-5 days or maybe 24 hours, or it may be there after the download, theres no rhyme or reason for it, this goes for ALL recvrs.

I did start experiencing the screen saver issue some mentioned where the screensaver pops up randomly when viewing a show. Pressing a button on the remote gets rid of it but that's rather silly. Come on D*! I've also noticed when I invoke Double play and go to to the other tuner, when i switch back to the first tuner the audio is gone but the video is still fine. It doesn't do this everytime. What I found works is hitting info and going over to where you can enable subtitles/CC and choose to enable subtitles the audio returned. I then disabled them again and it still worked fine. Rather flaky...

do you think it matters that i have a CCK hooked up to my bedroom hd receiver and thats where my internet comes from? the tv apps and on demand work fine and they require internet.

Not sure...anyone here with more technical knowledge about CCK installs want to chime in? Iceberg perhaps?

I went back to the national release after yet another lockup last night. I found that stability wasn't any better so the newly introduced quirks like random screen saver weren't worth it. DirecTV has alot of work to do. I think they need a new CEO that will instill some sort of pride and sense of urgency to innovate and satisfy customers by supplying them with stable DVR's out of the box. Oh, and also someone who has the vision to address issues like Viacom before they cost customers ALOT of VERY popular channels. My parents have been with DirecTV for about 8 years and are switching to Dish now. I am really starting to regret switching myself. I think at the very least HR34 customers should be released from their 2 year agreements.

I have a problem that only started after downloading the CE software:

Each day for the last four days, the HR34 has lost its ability to see my HR22. The playlist does not show any recordings on the HR22 and, going into the status screen in the whole-home settings, it says "no networked DVR's found."

The HR22 can still see the HR34 and can see its playlist.

The network connections appear fine on both units.

I have to reboot one or the other devices in order to fix this. It doesn't seem to matter which one--twice I rebooted the HR34 and twice the HR22. Then the HR34 sees the other unit again just fine, but then the next day it happens again.

Following suggestions for resolving similar problems that I've read in these forums and elsewhere, I assigned each of the receivers a static IP address last night. I hope this will fix the problem. If not, I'll try reverting to the NR software to verify that this is something related to the CE release.

I went back to 054c because the stability wasn't improved yet more quirks were introduced such as random screensaver popping up in the middle of watching shows. I'm over the whole DirecTV gross incompetence thing. I'm definitely going to try and have my 2 year agreement dissolved. This is ridiculous.