Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK this is weird

the last few days the clock on my HR34 is off by at least 45 seconds up to a minute off. I've got all recordings set to start 1 minute early.

Saturday a couple of my timers fired and the programming either started or literally was starting. Normally these programs had 45-55 seconds of stuff before the show started. So I did a reboot yesterday and the programs seemed to fire on the right time.

Now today I've got recordings set to start 1 minute early and none fired properly.
TMZ I set 2 minutes early because it usually starts about a minute to 6...when it fired 2 minutes early they already started
News I set to 1 minute early (wanted to see the Vikings training camp update) and the news was a good 45-50 seconds in (normally it starts right at 5:59)

Then I was watching Twins pre-game and at 6:55 it said "needs to change the channel to record WWE Raw"....huh? I've only got 3 things set at 7:00 and nothing recording now
6:59 3 timers went
-WWE RAW already started (USA)
-Sanford and Son literally started (on AntennaTV)
-Olympics had about 5 seconds of fluff (NBC)

Anybody else seeing this on their HR34 where the clock is off? I guess I'll try a reboot later (after the recordings are all done)

ever scene i got my 34 i noticed that, i always figured that they would fix it in a update, i know there a update coming out mid August to fix HBO on-demand

this just started (the last couple days) and its frustrating

Once my programs are done tonight I'm gonna do a reboot and see

I'm on 7/21 CE. If it keeps up then maybe you should consider a newer CE if there's one this weekend.

I always shut it off when not using it

well a reboot last night and it went back to being spot on...we'll see how it is later today

Looking at the programs I recorded
Friday was fine...all programs recorded properly
Saturday 2 recorded fine...2 didnt (clock was off) and 1 dont know (olympics)
Sunday didnt have anything really to check (only recording was NASCAR) but did do reboot
Yesterday everything was off...did reboot last night
this morning the programs recorded fine

well so far it seems to be back to normal but I've got 1/2 dozen shows tonight to record so we'll see how accurate it is

Thats not too bad, I have COX cable and nothing starts or stops on time, I either have too much in the beginning or I get the end cut off. I wont even go into the Olympics.

looks like it is fixed. Its bang on now timewise with my cell phone and clock on the wall ;)
All recordings tonight had 45-59 seconds of "fluff" before the show started

the seeker/guide clock on mine has always been so many seconds behind the 'corner' clock but I just assume it's something to do with setting the DVR or with the HD feed

to clarify I have a HR24

Last edited:
yeah the clock in the info bar will say "11:00" yet the buffer time (if you hit play) shows 10:59 for about 25 seconds before it says 11:00

But it still is spot on

Glad to hear it's working now. My wife has zero patience for electronics that don't do what they're supposed to. Keeps me busy sometimes, lol.

easier way than a reboot? Doubt it ;)
Thats all I did was a reboot (actually a restart receiver from the menus...not a red button reboot)

yeah on the 31st I mentioned that

well a reboot last night and it went back to being spot on

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)