HR34 help needed please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

admire816

Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
I have a HR34 and 3 C31s. I am trying to switch the HR34 and a C31. When I do I get 775 error and it says the SWM is not detected. I can move them back to their original spots and they work fine. So I switched the 2 cables at the splitter thinking that was the issue, nothing same error. When I run a test the other recognizes a test is in progress so they are communicating.

I have 2 lines coming in from the dish, one goes to a 4 way splitter that goes to 2 C31s and the HR34. The other one comes in to the power booster thing and out of it to the last C31.

Directv wants to charge me to come move them, any ideas why just by flipping boxes it's not working?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

WELCOME to Sateliiteguys!

Did you move the power inserter at all? It may need to be on a certain port of the splitter.

As for just swapping the locations, I don't think it should make a difference.

You rebooted everything after moving?

WELCOME to Sateliiteguys!

Did you move the power inserter at all? It may need to be on a certain port of the splitter.

As for just swapping the locations, I don't think it should make a difference.

You rebooted everything after moving?

I did not move the power inserted since it was on its own line in from the dish and goes to a C31 not being moved.

:welcome to Satelliteguys admire816!

You say there are two lines coming in from the dish, so there must be a swm8 or swm16 switch where those two cables come from, or a sws4 splitter. Can you see exactly what equipment you have and let us know?

:welcome to Satelliteguys admire816!

You say there are two lines coming in from the dish, so there must be a swm8 or swm16 switch where those two cables come from, or a sws4 splitter. Can you see exactly what equipment you have and let us know?

Sorry just went out I have one line from the dish and it goes to a 2 way splitter that then goes the 2 places I mentioned. One goes to the power inverter, out of that to a C31. The other side of the 2 way goes to a 4 way that runs the HR34 and 2 C31s. I have rebooted everything and still not working. The 4 way has the one dc power pass that ran to the HR34 in its original place so I switched it to coincide with its new place.

Each splitter should have a power passing port. Make sure the power inserter is on that port. Another option would be to move the power inserter to before the two way splitter.

The power inserter is on the power passing side of the 2 way. One last thing that is different is the HR34s new location is RG59 from the 4 way to the receiver, would that make a difference?

I suppose it could. Can you replace it with RG6?

I will replace it tomorrow, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal since the RG59 run is 6 feet splitter to receiver vs 35 foot run of RG6 to its original location , but from everything I have tried this is the only thing not the same. When I called Directv they acted like its a big secret how to do it, but I am sure they just want money.

When was your installation? They shouldn't have used the RG59 in the first place.

The install was in October, the RG59 was pre-existing so I guess the guy just used it since it drops straight through the floor to the 4 way. I have read other people did fine with RG59 on a HR34 but maybe mine is just old and can't handle running the 3 C31s.

I would try calling again and tell them about the RG59 and say you want them to replace it at no cost since they should never have used it in the first place. When/if the tech comes out to fix it, ask about moving the boxes around. If they won't send anyone out, then send an email here: ellen.filipiak@directv.com. That's the office of the president of Directv. They are very good about fixing problems like yours. It may take a few days for them to get back to you, but they will.

I would try calling again and tell them about the RG59 and say you want them to replace it at no cost since they should never have used it in the first place. When/if the tech comes out to fix it, ask about moving the boxes around. If they won't send anyone out, then send an email here: ellen.filipiak@directv.com. That's the office of the president of Directv. They are very good about fixing problems like yours. It may take a few days for them to get back to you, but they will.

BAM! Ran RG6 just to test and it worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts