HR34 issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rgregj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Last night I was recording three channels and watching ESPN football game on the main TV where the HR34 was connected. From time to time the picture got blocky and pixelated. Not a huge problem, but it was annoying. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks,

Nope, no one has ever had that happen before.

Just kidding. Very common problem description for all digital video feeds. With satellite, you could first check your signal strengths. Also, if it is a recurring problem it's easier to trouble shoot. See if it happens again on the same channel at the same time, or a different channel at a different time, or if it happens on other TVs in your home, etc.

I realize the issues with signal strength and the like could affect the picture, but I was more concerned could the processing on the HR34 cause the issue (recording 3 channels watching another, etc.). I had not noticed the signal degradation any other time. Now granted, I have only had the system 1 week.

Thanks,

The number of streams being watched or recorded shouldn't be a factor. What was the weather like in your area at the time?

Clear and cool. I have not checked the signal strength yet. Not sure if I see it on the HD receiver upstairs as well.

Thanks,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts