HR34 Messed Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Patch7

Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Chicago
I have an hr34 that has been freezing at least once a day for the last week. It did it again last night and after hard rebooting like I always have to do after this happens, when it came back all recordings were gone and all programs in the series manager were gone. The error it says in the history on all series cancelled is "this episode was deleted because of a problem retaining the program. (2002/0/)"
It says this on all history programs including series manger and the stuff I had recorded and it deleted. I ran a disk check in the advanced menu and it came back fine in all tests. Directv said they never heard of that error and sorry about that. I asked if they would replace it and they said if it happens again and i would have to pay 19.95 shipping. I said even though my stuff is all lost, i have to pay shipping? Well damn, all our recordings are gone now and we have to reprogram all our recordings again. What a pain! I really am at a loss for words on this crap.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I have an hr34 that has been freezing at least once a day for the last week. It did it again last night and after hard rebooting like I always have to do after this happens, when it came back all recordings were gone and all programs in the series manager were gone. The error it says in the history on all series cancelled is "this episode was deleted because of a problem retaining the program. (2002/0/)"
It says thia on all history programs including series manger and the stuff I had recorded and it deleted. I ran a disk check in the advanced menu and it came back fine in all tests. Directv said they never heard of that error and sorry about that. I asked if thet would replace it and they said if it happens again and i would have to pay 19.95 shipping. I said even though my stuff is all lost, i have to pay shipping? Well damn, all our recordings are gone now and we have to reprogram all our recordings again. What a pain! I rwally am at a loss for words on this crap.

The $20 shipping fee is standard if you don't have the Protection Plan, if you do, theres no cost for shipping.
Its also common for you to be able to have them reimburse that $20 shipping fee, if you call in and ASK them.
Don't get into an argument with them, just ask them.

My HR34 started running more sluggish than normal and now tonight it's freezing about every 5 to 10 minutes. If I change the channel it works though for another 5 to 10.

My box is less than 90 days old.

Is this a common issue?

OK. I feel like a total idiot. I just read the release notes for tonights ce. It specifically says you will lose your recordings and series links if you revert to the national release. Well that's exactly what I did and that's exactly what happened.

OK, with it being a CE issue I'm moving the thread to that forum. You shouldn't have had that on last weeks CE. That note was on tonights, which won't be available to anyone till 11pm ET.

I was in last weeks CE though and reverted to the national release and that's exactly what it did to my box though.

Last weeks CE didn't have much notes, perhaps they found the issue afterward that caused what you experienced and added it to the notes this week..... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts