HR34 MRV issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gigahurtz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
Now that more have the HR34, how has everyone's experience been with MRV? I am very disappointed with the performance with the MRV. I am on the latest CE but the issues were the same on the NR. The latest CE is a customer candidate as well.

The biggest issue I have is having to press try again numerous times when watching a recording. It usually takes 6-7 times before it will finally play.

rey_1178 said:
So far it's been flawless. I will be testing it a lot today

I'm very interested in hearing how it works for you. I also have 2 H25s so they actually may be the issue.

ive been very happy with my HR34 so far and just waiting to get the new HDGUI and current software for it :) i still have the old guide :( :rolleyes: :)

Last edited:
No problems with MRV here on my H25 and HR34 server. I had your issue for the first few days after installation, but it's been flawless since then (about 4 or 5 weeks now). It works the first time every time.

No problems with MRV here on my H25 and HR34 server. I had your issue for the first few days after installation, but it's been flawless since then (about 4 or 5 weeks now). It works the first time every time.

no problems since install on friday for my HR34 and the HR24-200 DVR HD Receiver that i have had since with dish :)

JEFFinINDY said:

Interesting. This issue has been going for quite some time for me. Are you on CE or NR on HR34 and H25?

I'm on the national release of both. At first, it was hardly ever working correctly for me, but then something changed (not my doing) and it's been working fine. I feel you pain - it was frustrating when it was happening!

I have the HR34 and one H25. I get the Try Again issue when trying to watch stuff on the H25 ALL THE TIME! I have to reset the H25, which then means I have to change the sort order of the recorded items to A-Z again, and I have to search "30skip" again. It's quite annoying. Also, the HR34 stops displaying video a couple times per week. I reseat the HDMI cable, etc. but only the red button reset (or power plug pull) and a full reboot restores the video.

I'm on NR on each receiver. With all the bugginess on NR, there's no chance I'm going to try any kind of CE. I have discovered that there is no 'best of both worlds' between the 2 major satellite providers. E* does some things great, and lags behind with the tech and picture quality. D* does some things great, and is way ahead on tech and picture quality. But the software we get with D* seems to be a beta when compared to the smoothness and usability of the E* software.

I reported here that my MRV problems last week after having myHR-34 installed. I have three HR-24's along with the HR-34. None of my HR-24'scan actually playback recordings off of the HR-34. They see the programs, but Iget one of two error messages on it. The first one says that too many programsare already being played back; the other says that no packets were received. MyHR-34 can play back any of the programs on the HR-24's without issue. I tried multipleresets on all receivers. Not only was I on the phone for over an hour with techsupport. They rolled back an installer who was here two hours. He finally lefttelling me that there is an 8 tuner max with the HR-34 and that nothing couldbe done. I have SWM 16. At that point, I agreed to have him leave, as he didn'tinstill any confidence from the start. I guess I'll have to play tech rouletteand see if the next guy can figure it out.

I have the HR34 and one H25. I get the Try Again issue when trying to watch stuff on the H25 ALL THE TIME! I have to reset the H25, which then means I have to change the sort order of the recorded items to A-Z again, and I have to search "30skip" again. It's quite annoying. Also, the HR34 stops displaying video a couple times per week. I reseat the HDMI cable, etc. but only the red button reset (or power plug pull) and a full reboot restores the video.

I'm on NR on each receiver. With all the bugginess on NR, there's no chance I'm going to try any kind of CE. I have discovered that there is no 'best of both worlds' between the 2 major satellite providers. E* does some things great, and lags behind with the tech and picture quality. D* does some things great, and is way ahead on tech and picture quality. But the software we get with D* seems to be a beta when compared to the smoothness and usability of the E* software.

I'm happy to hear that others are still having this issue. I actually had one H25 replaced already as I was getting NO MRV playback at all.

I will say that the latest CE release for the HR34 has been very stable. It's a customer candidate so I'm assuming it'll be the one that will be released to all customers very shortly. I have seen a slight improvement (instead of hitting try again 10 times I now only have to about 6-7 times) but there is still some improvement to go. I think the problem may be more with the H25 than with the HR34.

I'm happy to hear that others are still having this issue. I actually had one H25 replaced already as I was getting NO MRV playback at all.

I will say that the latest CE release for the HR34 has been very stable. It's a customer candidate so I'm assuming it'll be the one that will be released to all customers very shortly. I have seen a slight improvement (instead of hitting try again 10 times I now only have to about 6-7 times) but there is still some improvement to go. I think the problem may be more with the H25 than with the HR34.

Gee your nice, just because you're feeling pain you want everyone else too? :) But I hear you. I'm having similar problems with my three HR-24's playing back recordings off of my HR-34, only I can't get them to play at all no matter how many times I try. I guess the more of us that report the problem, the quicker it gets fixed. I glad that the latest CE helps a bit; here's hoping that they release one this weekend!

Now that more have the HR34, how has everyone's experience been with MRV? I am very disappointed with the performance with the MRV. I am on the latest CE but the issues were the same on the NR. The latest CE is a customer candidate as well.

The biggest issue I have is having to press try again numerous times when watching a recording. It usually takes 6-7 times before it will finally play.

I am having to press enter more than once to get the program to play and I still have the old guide.

ran into my first issue last night with this. i was trying to play some recordings i have on the HR34 off of the HR24 and couldn't. i kept getting a message that it couldn't access the recording. something like that.i don't remember the exact words right now. anyways i'll check it out tonight if i can. strange because i was able to play what was on the HR24 off of the HR34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)