HR34 problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If went to a friends house recently and he has the HR34, I was trying it out for a bit navigating the menus,guides,playlist etc etc, changing channels also,

Boy was it slow so much so that I felt like throwing the remote at it, It was actually slower than the HR24 that I have,

I ask him how do you put up with this box? He said I don't since I don't switch channels much
I just leave it to the channel I watch most of the time,

I told him not me I have constant channel surfers in my house.

I just got a replacement H34-700 since the DVR on my original cratered. The new H34 is terrific! Very snappy and I think a better picture. I believe help is close at hand.

I was going to try the "cleanmybox" command; but it didn't do anything in the smartsearch. Is there a different search where it needs to go? If so, where is it?

The *true* fix for the HR34 lag issue right now seems to be the CE software. I downloaded it this past weekend, and my box is running better than ever. The only "hiccup" so far is that "My DIRECTV" is empty. I never used it anyway, so that is of little consequence.

The *true* fix for the HR34 lag issue right now seems to be the CE software. I downloaded it this past weekend, and my box is running better than ever. The only "hiccup" so far is that "My DIRECTV" is empty. I never used it anyway, so that is of little consequence.
The CE software will be out to everyone when D* is happy that it is stable enough.
As for your My D* being empty, it will fill in over time, rarely does it fill in right away unless you've been using it I believe.

All the My D* does is show whats on and what you might like, if you haven't been using it, it doesn't have anything to go by, so it can't fill in very well.

Also, I think I recently saw a spot in the Menus that asks if you want the Genie to look for these things, if it's Off, it wouldn't fill in.

I had directv for 4 years , i liked it , right now i have optimum i wanted to ask if anybody could help me decide between dish ,directv or fios which is coming shortly.
this is my first post i hope im asking question in the right place
thankyou
robert

I had directv for 4 years , i liked it , right now i have optimum i wanted to ask if anybody could help me decide between dish ,directv or fios which is coming shortly.
this is my first post i hope im asking question in the right place
thankyou
robert

:welcome to Satelliteguys Robert!
My first criteria is programming. Which provider has the most channels that you want to watch? If you can't watch what you want, what's the point? Then I look at picture quality and equipment. Lastly I consider price.

Today was the straw that broke the camel's back for me with the HR34. It has been slow as hell lately (no that it was ever fast). But recently it is beyond ridiculous. I try to change a channel and it doesn't even respond for 2 minutes. Non stop slowness issues, etc. I am sick of these stupid software updates. Don't they test them first? My HR21s were no better. So anyway, I tried using PIP today to watch the Yankees and Rangers. Normally, you can hit the down arrow to swap views. Well the down arrow didn't do anything. I clicked it about 100 times, and it worked once. Another 100 times, it worked again just once. Finally I did a red button reset and it solved the issue. But enough is enough already. I also had an issue where the video is choppy. Very short pauses in the video. Like watching internet video that isn't perfectly smooth. Red button fixes it, but it has happened a few times already.
Anyway, I found HR44s on ebay for $120. Brand new, not bad.
I bought one.

Great price, but like texasbrit said, I hope you checked with Directv to be sure it's an owned and not leased unit. Otherwise you bought an expensive door stop. It does say owned in the ad.

Ok, forgive my ignorance on this issue. Assuming the seller is honest, the description says brand new and owned. So I think that is good. He also has 1 feedback from someone with a lot of feedbacks that says he activated it with no issues.

Also, even if it is leased, it is ok if it is brand new right?

If it is new and has never been activated, then it can be activated as leased, unless it is stolen or similar... Typically no-one owns brand new receivers.

...but is it leased or owned? Call DirecTv and ask for the access card department...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)