HR34 Recording/Playback Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbraune

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I posted this in the DirecTV support forums, but I thought I'll post it here too, to see if anyone else is having the same issues that I'm seeing with my HR34.

I've had the HR34 Genie for a couple of months now and I've had a recording issue that I've had to work around: When there is a scheduled upcoming recording, and the DVR is left on the same channel that will be recording, the recorded progam on the playlist will not play. For example, this past Sunday, I was watching the NFL game on my local Fox network. My HR34 DVR was scheduled to record 2 different Simpsons episodes on Fox that same night. I turned the TV off and left the DVR on the NFL game. When I now try to watch either Simpsons episodes that were recorded, all that shows on the TV is a still image of whatever happens to be showing at the time that I select to play the recorded episode. There is no sound and the time bar does appears to progress at a faster pace that would be for a normally played program.

This has happened to me before when I watch the Today show in the morning on my local NBC network and leave the channel on NBC when I leave for work. If there is a scheduled recording on NBC during the day, the program will not play. I work around this by changing the channel to a channel I know that I usually never record while I'm away (CNN or ESPN). I haven't do any testing on any other channels to see if this issue is just associated with my locals.

I have one other Genie client in my home, but no other DirecTV receivers (just the one HR34). The recorded program as described above will not play on the Genie client either. The SW version on the HR34 is 0x5d4.

I am curious if this is a known issue with the HR34 DVR and if others are having the same problem. Is there a fix for this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)