turbo hd dish works great for directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I was able to use a western arc 129,119,110 dish remove the lnb, and mount a swm 3 lnb (99 101 103) to it by just drilling one hole into then lnb, and using only one screw / glue to mount it to the plastic to arm adapter, the lnb design are the same so the focal points match well. Used same screws, set skew to zero, and bam 76-100 signals on all channels in bad weather.
$(KGrHqVHJDkE9BKrkJbPBPc6EySyig~~60_35.JPG

How does the dish size compare to a Slimline?

That is a commonly used setup for tailgating or camping. It is smaller than the slimline but slightly bigger than the Directv phase 3 dish. The angles seem better than the phase 3 for 99/103 and it results in about a 10 point improvement in signal strength.

I was able to use a western arc 129,119,110 dish remove the lnb, and mount a swm 3 lnb (99 101 103) to it by just drilling one hole into then lnb, and using only one screw / glue to mount it to the plastic to arm adapter, the lnb design are the same so the focal points match well. Used same screws, set skew to zero, and bam 76-100 signals on all channels in bad weather.
View attachment 83546

AND no dither feature for tuning, right?

I always thought just ising the signal meter in the receiver could be enough info in experienced hands. Better signal is interesting.

Joe

This is only a light-weight tailgating/camping setup. Dithering is not necessary as it won't get the 119. You should set Tilt to published settings for the locale but tweaking after that is not necessary. I usually see 99 and 103 in the mid-70's and the 101 in lower 90's. It will not out perform a Slimline.

View attachment 83546
Can you show a new picture? In your old pictures you spliced the original Directv arm to the Dish arm.

Yes, pictures would be great,

This is my next project for a camping/RV DirecTV dish set-up, waiting to snag a Dish dish, lol.
Would Texas Dish subs mainly have Western Arc dishes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts