Improved Stability

Previous March Update Included these features:
0x0547
High Definition User Interface
Faster speed
Menu icons
MyDirectv: What's on Now, You Might Like
Movie posters
Serch finds all movies regardless of the source (VOD, Linear, PPV, Premium, etc)
Picture in Graphics Moved to left of the screen
Integrated Rotton Tomatoes movie ratings

Good, ive been seeing some wonky things the last week, like a pink screen when i turn it on and weird font changes with resolution.

I got it yesterday (Tuesaday) morning at 3:30

one thing I noticed is they screwed with the font size and in the guide it can be harder to read....its not as crisp as it use to be

Im seeing some new weird guide glitches. Youd figure after all this time theyd have figured some of this stuff out and have it more polished.

Im seeing some new weird guide glitches. Youd figure after all this time theyd have figured some of this stuff out and have it more polished.

I don't get what they saw that would qualify this as customer ready.

Me either, should have just left me on the other one...

I think right now with more of them in the field they are pushing out updates to get it acceptable for newbies, but they need to do a better job.

well fix one glitch f**k up another

did a reboot because the guide wasnt crisp. So now its crisp but the 2 OTA stations that the HR34 added in a "scan" (and show regular programming in the guide) dont show up in my favorites. You have to select the channel manually, then in the favorites (on the info bar) select "remove from _____" (custom 1) then scroll back down to select "add to _____" which then made it work

no other way fixed it. Favorites list showed those 2 channels selected but wasnt in the guide.

I'm seeing the guide glitch frequently... as if it draws a partial frame, then freezes leaving the rest of the screen un-refreshed.

If you have the guide up when the half-hour switch occurs (ie. at 4pm when it stops showing what was on @ 3:30)... nice glitches there too.

As others have said.. its as if they forgot to enable (or maybe include? :) the GPU.

One would think this was code they could have easily ported from any of the other boxes.. ie. the guide on my H25 is solid... I can hold the up/down arrow and get a very nice/smooth scroll. If I do that on the HR34, I'm likely to scroll thru the channels at hyperspeed... stopping at some random point well past where I'd hoped to go.

Yepp, guide is annoying as hell. Still dont get why they felt this was a customer release... Worked better on the CE 519 or whatever it was.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)