HR34 Software Release ver 05FD 1/9/13

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good to know. I used to have an HR21--- Thing was a dog... slow as hell. I've been happy with my HR24 but want more tuners and be able to watching shows in my bedroom that were recorded in the living room. Far less concerned about performance on the client side as it will be used far less frequently.

Havent seen this issue posted yet. Since this update, we have been experiencing issues with our HR34 and H21 (is this a current box? Our install was approx 6 months ago, surprised we didnt get H25 or C31) setup. Every couple of days, we have no picture on the HR34. The guide and list work, however, no video is displayed on the screen, its just black. No issues with watching a recording at the HR34. When this happens at the HR34, we cant access the playlist from the H21. Red button reset at the HR34 corrects both problems. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any ideas?

Hi there everyone. I'm pretty new to DirecTV. I have a HD34 and a small box in the bedroom. I'm wondering how I can tell what version of the software I am currently running?

I'm enjoying reading this forum. I am just about pretty lost using the Genie, coming from Cox Cable.

Thanks
John

jwdesselle- press "menu" on your remote, then select "settings & help", then select "settings", that will show you your receiver model, receiver id, access card # and software version

I must have misread your question. I have NOT found a way to watch tv and listen to pandora at the same time on my 34

It works on the HR24's, that I know ...
It will ask you when you pull up a channel change, if you would like to continue listening to Pandora or not.

The n HR34 may be different, don't have one, but know you can with the 24's.

It works on the HR24's, that I know ...
It will ask you when you pull up a channel change, if you would like to continue listening to Pandora or not.

The n HR34 may be different, don't have one, but know you can with the 24's.

it works on my HR22, and i think my HR21 too, but not my 34. unless there is a different way of doing it on the 34 that i haven't figured out yet

Havent seen this issue posted yet. Since this update, we have been experiencing issues with our HR34 and H21 (is this a current box? Our install was approx 6 months ago, surprised we didnt get H25 or C31) setup. Every couple of days, we have no picture on the HR34. The guide and list work, however, no video is displayed on the screen, its just black. No issues with watching a recording at the HR34. When this happens at the HR34, we cant access the playlist from the H21. Red button reset at the HR34 corrects both problems. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any ideas?

Yes to "Anyone else experiencing this problem?"--Directv sent a tech out to the house this past Monday. He played with all our receivers (we have a HR34, 2 HR24s and 1 H24), said it was a networking issue and reset all the receivers network settings and everything worked fine when he left. Two days later it started doing it again. I reset the HR34 and everything was working again (my fix before Directv sent the tech out). And it happened again last night.

He told me to call back if it happened again but I don't know if I have the strength to put up with the hold times and explaining everything to a CSR...again. :(

Last edited:
HR34

Version 05FD Release Date 1/9/13

New Features:
Color Button Hints Replaced to accommodate new remotes
Search and set recordings up to a year in advance
Single click on-demand recordings

Improvements:
DirecTV Cinema
This is new to me. What new remotes are they coming out with and when? That's the only thing that seemed outdated to me compared to Dish's remotes.
EDIT: Never mind. I found out on the fourm. http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=211853&highlight=directv+remotes

Last edited:
It seems to be getting worse. We need to reboot 2-3 times per week. The bad part is we dont always know it until we attempt watch programming on the H21 (during the week we watch little tv). By then, we miss several recordings (they record, but just black screen with audio). I have called Directv several times, they keep resolving by telling me to reset. Something needs to change, tired of re-explaining the issue over and over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts