HR34

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
And you know this how?
Reports from those who have effectively used both.

This is as opposed to those who accept what is handed down from DIRECTV as the definitive and be-all answer. You know the ones that are struggling with the HomePlug adapters that DIRECTV sold them as the ultimate networking solution a few years ago.

IOW, you don't know, but are perfectly willing to make it sound as if you do.

Live in these areas . . . .
Austin, Texas
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Fresno, California
Phoenix, Arizona
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Salt Lake City, Utah​

And you need to order one server (HR) and three clients (H) in order to get flag for a HR34.

Do you think that in time the HR34 will be available at Solid Signal? I want to replace one of my HR24's with a HR34 and keep my other HR24 and H25. I don't need three HD only receivers.

Well the first production run was probably completely purchase by DirecTV. How much of the second, goes to third party vendors is only guess work. But the SE Asia floods probably screwed up a lot of the electronics used in a HR34.

IOW, you don't know, but are perfectly willing to make it sound as if you do.
If all of the stars align, there must be something to it.

To defend blindly and cast aspersions for no other reason than to discredit is certainly not a virtuous approach to answering the questions of the day.

IOW, if you know better, say so. If you don't, don't attack those that have done some homework.

What a bunch of crap! I'm not defending anyone. Where do you get this from? You claim to have "done some homework". Another load of crap! "Reports from those who have effectively used both." This is what you posted. That's doing your homework? Please go back to the Dish forums and stay there.

raoul5788 said:
What a bunch of crap! I'm not defending anyone. Where do you get this from? You claim to have "done some homework". Another load of crap! "Reports from those who have effectively used both." This is what you posted. That's doing your homework? Please go back to the Dish forums and stay there.

Ouch lol

When compared to "I subscribe to DIRECTV so I obviously know", hearsay is much more compelling.

harshness said:
When compared to "I subscribe to DIRECTV so I obviously know", hearsay is much more compelling.

Ouch again lol
Either way guys this site is made for people to get help. Some answers are from facts, opinions, some are from hear say. Regardless, it's here to help. Let's not criticize each other on our opinions and answers

Ouch again lol
Either way guys this site is made for people to get help. Some answers are from facts, opinions, some are from hear say. Regardless, it's here to help. Let's not criticize each other on our opinions and answers

Except, if I'm looking for help as many new subs may be, I would rather hear from people that KNOW what the answer is rather than someone that heard that this MIGHT do it, if the solution is out there.

Also prefer to hear from those that actually HAVE the item as IF I need help walking thru menus or whatnot, those without CANNOT help you.

Regarding HR34, aka HMC HD DVR, one hand at DirecTV might not known what the other hand is doing.

A member of another forum got the flyer for it. It had a number on the flyer. He did not use it. He called the regular DirecTV number and got the run around. He put in an order for it, but it was not listed on his order. He cancel and then proceeded to call the number on the flyer. He got an order that list the HR34 as HMC HD DVR on it.

So the HR34 is the Home Media Center High-Definition Digital Video Recorder.

Regarding HR34, aka HMC HD DVR, one hand at DirecTV might not known what the other hand is doing.

A member of another forum got the flyer for it. It had a number on the flyer. He did not use it. He called the regular DirecTV number and got the run around. He put in an order for it, but it was not listed on his order. He cancel and then proceeded to call the number on the flyer. He got an order that list the HR34 as HMC HD DVR on it.

So the HR34 is the Home Media Center High-Definition Digital Video Recorder.

OK ....

That sounds about right seeing it's not available everywhere yet.

Number on flyer...

Does anyone have the number that is on the flyer? I just ordered my service on 12/5/11, and when the tech came out he had an hr24 and two h25s. I thought they were available to all new subscribers on 12/2/11, but I found out it was 12/8/11. I called to ask if they could swap the hr24 for a hr34 and was told the best they could do was swap out an h25 for another hr24.

I live in FL, so I have 15 days to cancel my service, and I will if that is what it takes to get an hr34.

Any advice would be appreciated -- I hate scheduling conflicts / trying to manage recordings across two boxes.

Thanks,

-- Brian

the easy way to get an hr34 @runninnak3d, is to find a directv tech on the street, get his attention, offer to hand him 20bucks for an hr34, call up directv and say hey my tv dont work... keep saying nope still not working.... have them generate a service call, hopefully you have the protection plan and itll be free, ask for and write down the ACTIVITY NUMBER give this number to your tech, pray to god he doesnt work for halstead and need to generate an SO from mobile pro out of the activity number, the tech swaps your hr24 into an hr34, calls the job in 'bad box' done. you can buy anything in this country, just need to know whose selling it lol. I traded my tech a lot of supplies as i work for comcast and hes a contractor for directv, we did this, and he got like 2 boxes of cable, some fittings and screw clips.

Does anyone have the number that is on the flyer? I just ordered my service on 12/5/11, and when the tech came out he had an hr24 and two h25s. I thought they were available to all new subscribers on 12/2/11, but I found out it was 12/8/11. I called to ask if they could swap the hr24 for a hr34 and was told the best they could do was swap out an h25 for another hr24.

I live in FL, so I have 15 days to cancel my service, and I will if that is what it takes to get an hr34.

Any advice would be appreciated -- I hate scheduling conflicts / trying to manage recordings across two boxes.

Thanks,

-- Brian
Cancel and start over

Well, I called to cancel and was told that the 15 day period is only if there is a discrepancy in the contract, otherwise the usual 24 hour period applies. I did manage to get some fees waived for the 24 month period (no HD DVR fees, and an extra 3 months of free HBO / Showtime / etc...). So I am not going to fight it anymore. When it becomes available to existing DTV customers in January, I'll probably pay the $300.00 to get one. If DirecTV wasn't the best game in town, I would have told them to shove it -- but they called my bluff. My choices here are Brighthouse (COMPRESS THE CRAP out of their video), FIOS (ALSO more compressed than DirecTV and they don't have some of the channels that I want in HD), and Dish (I think Dish speaks for itself)...

-- Brian

twizt3dkitty said:
the easy way to get an hr34 @runninnak3d, is to find a directv tech on the street, get his attention, offer to hand him 20bucks for an hr34, call up directv and say hey my tv dont work... keep saying nope still not working.... have them generate a service call, hopefully you have the protection plan and itll be free, ask for and write down the ACTIVITY NUMBER give this number to your tech, pray to god he doesnt work for halstead and need to generate an SO from mobile pro out of the activity number, the tech swaps your hr24 into an hr34, calls the job in 'bad box' done. you can buy anything in this country, just need to know whose selling it lol. I traded my tech a lot of supplies as i work for comcast and hes a contractor for directv, we did this, and he got like 2 boxes of cable, some fittings and screw clips.

It don't work that way. We can't swap a HR24 for a HR34. That would be way different! We can only swap a "like" receiver for instance a HD for an HD or a HDDVR for a HDDVR. Model numbers don't matter but with the 34 it does.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts