Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
For about the last 3 days my hr34 keeps losing connection. Really getting annoyed that I have to keep going down and redoing my Internet on it. Is this a known issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DetFan said:
For about the last 3 days my hr34 keeps losing connection. Really getting annoyed that I have to keep going down and redoing my Internet on it. Is this a known issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My understanding is yes. I hear the 34 does this often but I can't really help much except try reset to defaults then try connecting again. I'm sure somebody else can help more than I can on this

I am having the same problem. Very annoying. I talked to direct tv and they are telling me that it is because I have an internet provider that gives me a dynamic IP and
I need a static IP. My provider (time warner) cannot give me static IP unless I want to change to business class. Very frustrated. If anyone has any ideas please let
me know.

I don't have a static ip and I've yet to lose connection with the hr34. Wish I had an idea on what your problem could be.

My Hr34 is connected thru a wireless router that is hardwired to my cable modem. Do you think that could cause this problem? All the features work and I am
not losing the internet connection, just the pop up on the screen informing me of my playlist no longer available(but it actually still is).

I am having the same problem. Very annoying. I talked to direct tv and they are telling me that it is because I have an internet provider that gives me a dynamic IP and
I need a static IP. My provider (time warner) cannot give me static IP unless I want to change to business class. Very frustrated. If anyone has any ideas please let
me know.
With all due respect, D*s statement that you need a static IP address from your ISP is crap. Almost all home IP service is via dynamic IP address and only affects the modem to ISP connection. If this was really an issue you would be experiencing issues with all your internet connections, not just your HR34.

DetFan,
It has quieted down now, but a lot of folks were experiencing problems with HR24s not keeping IP addressibility with DHCP addressing from their routers. Some were able to resolve it my establishing static IP addressing with their receivers/DVRs. You don't hear much about it now so apparently D* was able to fix the issue with a download.

If you are comfortable trying it, you may want to try setting a static IP address on your HR34. Pick a number that will be above anything that you DHCP server will issue. (eg. Pick a number like 192.168.0.100 which should be above anything else on your network.) See if this mitigates your issues. Once you make your HR34 static it will not get the address from your router but your router will use the static IP address in your HR34. It is worth a try.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.