Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lanarian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
Pocatello Idaho
Hi all,
I got a call at work yesterday about an HR44 that wouldnt fast forward on recordings, and after exiting out displays wrong Banner info (Info at top of screen showing channel and show), channel would be right, but show title would still be the recording. In addition, the HR44 would make the "Thunk" noise for most button presses on the remote. She said a reset fixed it, but it would come back.
This was the first I'd heard of the problem so, since they already had a service call scheduled for a seperate issue, I didnt think too much about it.. The tech will figure it out and replace whatevers necessary.
Isolated incident.. I thunk...
This morning, my wife asked me to take a look at something and, Lo and behold.. Our HR44 is doing the same durned thing. I reset it, and noticed that "Step 2 of 2" would receive 8% of the satellite info, then jump to "rebuilding scheduler list", then come back to Step 2 of 2.. That aint right...
After the reset, I checked software and last download was 12/18.
So, anybody seeing or seen this behavior? If so, any fix?
Right now, it's working correctly after a single reset. If it comes back I'll try back to back resets.. I'll update as new info comes along.
Thanks!

The only fast forwarding problem I have is on my client. Id guess 1 out of every 3 recordings will hang during a commercial and I have to come out of the ffw'd and watch the commercial, then ffw'd the rest of the way to the tv show. Its kinda annoying.

Have you tried the old standby fix, rebooting from the menu?

The THUNK you mentioned ... is that when you move in a direction on the screen that is not allowed by chance ?

If so, you can turn that off (it's one of the first things I do when setting them up) and always let subs know about it as well.

If so go to ...
Menu
Settings
Audio
Sound Effects

Check to see if the Volume is OFF, if it's ON, turn it OFF and that will go away ...

Unless it's something else ...

If it wasn't cooperating after a first reset a second reset within a half hour will flush the guide data and rebuild.

My guess is that the receiver flushed the guide data and had to rebuild the recording scheduling and will likely work fine now.

I haven't gotten any calls about the issue, but I'll keep an ear out. Might try forcing a DL if it does happen again... And yeah, might call in and have a NET escalation put in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I watch my DVR recordings from a different location?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts