HR44 now Available for Sale at Solid Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmm I see that Atlanta is not on that list, but last evening at a Best Buy in McDonough, GA a young (D* rep?) told me not once, but 3 times (becuase I kept asking) that the special he was pushing included a "base station (his words) that could record up to 5 separate shows at the same time & could handle up to five clients (he took out his iPhone & said that each client was roughly twice the size) WIRELESSLY. Yep, he said that all the client boxes needed was electrical power & the TV (I'm paraphrasing here). To be sure I asked him that question a 3rd time, whereupon he repeated that claim.

Now the "base station" would have to be a HR44, but I thought the wireless clients were not out yet. Was this guy blowing smoke about the whole shebang or just the wireless part. We get pretty excited (to the tune of trying to cancel a 11 day old Dish install because of what he said) becuase this is EXACTLY what she wants.
I have seen the 31 and 41, they are identical in size. The guy from bestbuy is about the same as the guys at sams clubs selling the systems and all I have to say about them is :facepalm

I have seen the 31 and 41, they are identical in size. The guy from bestbuy is about the same as the guys at sams clubs selling the systems and all I have to say about them is :facepalm

These people do not work for DirecTV, they work for a reseller and just wear a DirecTV shirt. My experience is that they will tell you anything to get a sale.

I have both C31s and C41s, they are identical in size. There are NO wireless clients available yet, although they are rumored.

These people do not work for DirecTV, they work for a reseller and just wear a DirecTV shirt. My experience is that they will tell you anything to get a sale.

I have both C31s and C41s, they are identical in size. There are NO wireless clients available yet, although they are rumored.

No rumors I know they are coming. .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm I see that Atlanta is not on that list, but last evening at a Best Buy in McDonough, GA a young (D* rep?) told me not once, but 3 times (becuase I kept asking) that the special he was pushing included a "base station (his words) that could record up to 5 separate shows at the same time & could handle up to five clients (he took out his iPhone & said that each client was roughly twice the size) WIRELESSLY. Yep, he said that all the client boxes needed was electrical power & the TV (I'm paraphrasing here). To be sure I asked him that question a 3rd time, whereupon he repeated that claim.

Now the "base station" would have to be a HR44, but I thought the wireless clients were not out yet. Was this guy blowing smoke about the whole shebang or just the wireless part. We get pretty excited (to the tune of trying to cancel a 11 day old Dish install because of what he said) becuase this is EXACTLY what she wants.

By that definition the base station could be a 34. Same story on the c41w. Not till 2014

Getting My HR44 installed today (Friday) between Noon and 4pm just for $49.00 installation charge!!! whoooooooooooo :)

The installer just left and took out the HR34 and replaced it with an HR44 and love the HR44 :) untitled 1.jpg untitled 2.jpg untitled.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like the remote? I was not a fan to begin with, but now, back lighting (or lack thereof) aside, I like it. Even the toggles. Although I can see those possibly breaking.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I had to sign a new 2 year contract as usual when you get a new receiver :)

I like the new remote alot better than the big one for the other receivers and fits better in your hand and more comfortable than the big one and been messing with it since I got it installed ans I don't see the toggle breaking seems good to me imo.I am like a kid in a candy store!! :D :)

I like the new remote alot better than the big one for the other receivers and fits better in your hand and more comfortable than the big one and been messing with it since I got it installed ans I don't see the toggle breaking seems good to me imo.I am like a kid in a candy store!! :D :)

If you program the 71 to your tv manually it can be used for the h(r)24 h25 and HR34 as well as C31 in ir mode. I'm using one with my 34 genie now. My warehouse has and is installing C41s but we don't have the HR44 yet. Figure that one out.

All the color buttons except red have been reassigned to other keys, example in the guide to skip ahead 12 hours is green, but on the new remote is fast-forward. No less functionality, just different buttons. The red button is still on the new remote.

Honestly if you wait a couple months, they'll get the software bugs slimmed down, and almost every service call / install with be HR44.

Of course I'm not one to talk, I paid $249 for my Genie from a 3rd party seller on ebay about a month after release.

BINGO!!! As with autos, rule number ONE..Never buy a new model in it's first year. Let the mfgr work out the bugs.
Same applies to electronics.

Not that I am aware of. If one has a Genie( 34) and adds a 44, the fee schedule is most likely higher...PLus, the user would require an SWM 16 switch plus three additional cables run from the LNB which also would have to be swapped out.Or a new antenna installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

My Direc tv Dilema- Stay or go?

setting up a genie at another site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)