HR44 problem with switching ethernet to wireless

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willny1

Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
NEPA
I have the HR44. Now My problem is that I cant get the HR44 to grab the wifi in the house. I had originally had an ethernet cable connected. I had to relocate the modem/router to another room. Now that the ethernet cable is unplugged, the HR44 still wont pick up the wifi.

I have reset netwrok settings and tried to connect but that doesnt work. It still saying network is ethernet. I cant get it to release these settings. Tried restoring defaults numerous times. Anyone have any ideas?

On a side note....
And whats up with all the clients on the genie having a spanish menu during setup?

Last edited:
:welcome to Satelliteguys willny1!

Have you tried rebooting the HR44 through the menu settings?

I may or may have not done that. I know I did try restarting it with the red button on the front. Will try rebooting it through menu but it just seems weird that Im having these issues.

I had that problem as well, and then again when going back to ethernet. I did eventually get it changed, but I think I did by resetting the network with nothing connected, then resetting again going to whatever I was moving to. Best I remember anyway.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)