Hr54 supporting 8 clients on

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, not true, only three concurrent clients with a total of 6, IIRC, paired with the Genie.

It can support 8 clients, all the genies receivers can. Not simultaneously though. They all have 5 satellite tuners and 3 network tuners and can only output to 3 at a time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Only six clients, and of these only three live at any one time, as rad posted.

ec556e0c6e8b7450cfff59c815df3ca9.jpg

Only 6 receivers can be ordered on the initial order (there are some ways to bypass this but not thru sales) which is why it is commonly believed only 5 clients are allowed.

Only 6 receivers can be ordered on the initial order (there are some ways to bypass this but not thru sales) which is why it is commonly believed only 5 clients are allowed.

The max number of clients is apparently 7 (from someone who tested it). The 8 rooms referred to in the DirecTv quote includes the Genie itself.

I'm a bit confused. Let's say I have a HR54, 3 H25 and 1 CK61. If people are watching tv's on the 54 and 61, that's two tuners used. How many programs can be recorded at that time? 3, just like the other genies?
I realized this is about clients, but I'm curious if the HR54 has more tuners to record, or if the extra tuners on it are for 4k only.

You could record on four. The one you are watching on the 54 and the three unused ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)