HSP and Grounding a sytem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I work for a HSP here in the central states and they have a policy that allows us to install sytems at apartment buildings without grounding if it is not available, along with the use of flatwire. Anybody else know of another HSP or MSP that allows this?? And is this a DirecTV policy or just another way for the HSP to run up there completion ratio. And if they allow a system to be installed without being grounded, why should I even waste my time and money for supplies to ground any other system??? Other than the fact that I will always do my installs up to spec, well other then apartments that have nowhere to ground that is.

Even the apts have a place for proper ground. Do 99.9% of installers do it? No. Are you a sub-contractor or in-house? Heaven forbid there is ever a fire and the fire inspectors look for anything not to code...

The HSP i work for in the southeast region does require grounding via a grounding module that is plugged into an outlet.....the ground wire is set inside the grounding module, anf when the ground is present....a green light switches on

I'm a subcontractor, and alot of apartments have no place to ground when your on a second or thirs floor balony or the dish has to be in the leased area.

no goound in ct

west ct. has the same no apt ground.. this was verbal.. i have never seeh a white paper on it.. puttin it on the subs head.

Write on the work order, say no ground point to ground the system, apartment is limit on grounding access.

i was under the impression that installers were off the hook for grounding if the building has 5 or more units, thus making it a commercial building with regulations that differ from regular residential installations

thats just what ive been told anyway.

Premier Communications, they are a joke, but it's some work for now.

2nd flr, 3rd flr, or more than 5 units must still be bonded to NEC.
Is it more difficult? Yes. Will the apt complex protest to have ground wires run all over the building? Most likely.
If your employer states you are "off the hook" from grounding in these instances, ask him to put it in writing. You will need it if anyone gets hurt from one of these installs.

Eddie

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar