HTC Inspire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I just picked up an HTC Inspire for $30 from Costco. It's my first smartphone, so I have no basis for comparison, but I must say that it is an amazing piece of technology!

Your getting you Inspire just as I am getting rid of mine. It is a pretty good phone. Just know that it comes with a small battery and if you use it for much you will need to charge it through the day.

So I've read. There is supposed to be an app that shuts down the unused apps to save battery. Also, I'm thinking of getting a larger extra battery with a charger.

I believe the Inspire is the identical cousin to the EVO 4G on Sprint.

It does have a small battery for what it does, so I echo the sentiments of getting a larger battery.

Chip, the other item that became an issue for me after the Gingerbread update was that my text messages would just come in as a phone number and would not match my contact any more. Just an FYI if you havent run into it yet.

I upgraded to Gingerbread on my Inspire and have had no problem. One key as far as matching to your contact, re- sync your contacts through Google. Be sure all contacts are listed as Google, not phone.

Gingerbread also added more talk/standby time. I can keep it uncharged overnight, about 8 hours and the battery goes down about 1/4, used to be about 1/2.

Chip, the other item that became an issue for me after the Gingerbread update was that my text messages would just come in as a phone number and would not match my contact any more. Just an FYI if you havent run into it yet.
Really? Personally never had that problem but I believe you.

It was the update from AT&T that caused it. It was not a Gingerbread in general one. The custom roms prior to the release did not have that issue.
That's one of the negatives about android.inconsistent updates throughout the different providers.I'm not sure who to blame

000_0009.JPGRey, here is a picture of the icon we were talking about via pm. I'm such a dope I can't figure out how to post a picture in a pm. I know what the H+ means, but what does the check mark under it mean? I can't find it in any literature.

View attachment 70478Rey, here is a picture of the icon we were talking about via pm. I'm such a dope I can't figure out how to post a picture in a pm. I know what the H+ means, but what does the check mark under it mean? I can't find it in any literature.

It means that you are using your WIFI connection and not the cell network. Once you lose WIFI the check mark will go away. At least this was my understanding of it.

It means that you are using your WIFI connection and not the cell network. Once you lose WIFI the check mark will go away. At least this was my understanding of it.
That's correct but for some like in his case the checkmark stays there no matter what.no problem I guess

Since its not going away I am thinking it might be that your phone is in 3g and telling you H+ is available, Go to Setting --- About Phone--Status-- Mobile Network type. That should tell you what network you are on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts