HTC ThunderBolt Gingerbread Update coming June 30th

I get it today.....everything I have read says its a lot better then thunderbolt on battery, radio, smoothness, and camera.....cant hurt that it has a working 2.3.4 already out for it.
2.3.4 works great on my EVO. you'll be happy.

I just called Verizon tech support and they said HTC is coming out with a new firmware for the Thunderbolt in mid-July. Take it for what is worth. If they don't, then I am demanding a new phone.

we have heard that for awhile....sad thing is my thunderbolt was GREAT...then the updates to fix that problem came along.

Doesn't sound much better than the T-Bolt (?)

sorta....this is leaked 2.3.4 software....not final...with the droid charge official people are getting 2+ days worth of use....also battery drain is only half the problem with the thunderbolt...The random resets are ANNOYING!!!! especially when I am trying to answer a work email or call my wife and I see a HTC quietly brilliant splash screen pop up.

sorta....this is leaked 2.3.4 software....not final...with the droid charge official people are getting 2+ days worth of use....also battery drain is only half the problem with the thunderbolt...The random resets are ANNOYING!!!! especially when I am trying to answer a work email or call my wife and I see a HTC quietly brilliant splash screen pop up.

Yeah, I am tired of the reboots too. I wish my phone just drained 10% an hour. It is more like 25% an hour for me on the 4G network. On the 3G network I get a full day plus on mine.

2+ days ? This is a 4G phone, right ? :D That's probably a record !!

lol, now you know why switching is so easy for me..I saw one reviewer said he got 2 days 9 hours, I will see if I can find it...oh and the droid charge is very hackable for roms :D

heres on from engadget:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/02/droid-charge-review/

When it comes to battery life, there's no competition. The Charge blitzed through a full day of what we'd consider typical use, coming off the charger at about 9am and not getting slotted back in again until 9pm the next night. Yes, you read that right, two working days of what we'd consider average use with GPS and WiFi on, taking pictures and videos, all powered by a single 1,600mAh battery. Granted, we weren't running our performance benchmarks at the time, but we were hammering the LTE antenna to get some speed results.

Last edited:
lol, now you know why switching is so easy for me..I saw one reviewer said he got 2 days 9 hours, I will see if I can find it...oh and the droid charge is very hackable for roms :D

This makes me hope they don't fix the Thunderbolt. :D

This makes me hope they don't fix the Thunderbolt. :D

Ramy...according to a poster named peaches who was 100% with blackberry leaks and is in the know...he has said that the thunderbolt dosent have much in the pipeline (as of a week ago) he could maybe see a MR2 for a radio fix, but I am running that and still getting reboots...so who knows, it could be till middile late july before anything comes out...even then I would suspect it wont be gingerbread....and with two leaks already for the droid charge, it looks like that one will be getting gingerbread soon!

yep..mr2 a later version then what I was running.....by the way not to turn this into a droid charge thread but...real world battery use....took charge off of plug at 2 am (midnight bathroom break when my son got up) watched 15 minutes of a movie on it....been off the charger since and at 3 pm today I was at 91% left.....not bad!!!

No more reboots so far. Took phone off the charger at 9:30am and at 1:15pm it is down to 37% with I would say heavy use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)