HTL-HD feeze up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Snipr4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Does anyone else ever notice that the HTL-HD freezes up once in a while while doing a channel search it just stops scanning the channels. When this happens I'll need to exit out of the guide in order to proceed.

Mine has done it but it happen when I was changing the channel it use to happen a lot before the new S/W download happen but it has only happen 1 time after that.

Mine has never locked-up and we have had it since 2 weeks before Superbowl,with the old software we had some audio drops once and a while(not too often)but the upgrade fixed that

You say this happens under the channel search ... you mean when scrolling or actually using the search menu. I'd like to try when i am at home to see if mine does this too.

i'm still waiting on that firmware. i'm getting tired of the audio drops. it's been 4 days now. can I call up DirecTV and have them send it for me?

obeythelaw said:
i'm still waiting on that firmware. i'm getting tired of the audio drops. it's been 4 days now. can I call up DirecTV and have them send it for me?
Weird and you do have it connected to an active phone line right? If not ... force a couple calls.

you can force calls on the HTL HD? I didn't know that. I will search around and see how to do it.
Well, the first two days it wasn't connected to a phone line. Now it is. I wasn't sure if the firmware came via satellite or phone.

Software updates are done by the satellite, not the phone line. You're thinking fo the Directivo that uses the phone line for the tivo side of things.

they are via SAT, but your box needs to make a call after actiavetion. you can't force .. sorry, I am thinking of Tivo.

When I got mine, I hooked it up, including the phone line and within 2 days I have HD3 2.00.00

DirecTVrep ... is the a schedule for firmware pushes?

Yeah, the only boxes that require the phone line even for activation are the DTivos. My RCA standard receiver and Hughes HTL-HD didn't need it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)