Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Someone asked what the logic to getting ESPN-A was a few days back. I didn't know but after contacting ESPN, they finally responsed with the following:

You receive the alternate programming when/if there is a blackout on a certain game telecast. Blackout restrictions vary from league to league). We are not required to black out NBA telecasts; for NFL only
site blackout if game is not sold out within 72 hours of the scheduled
telecast; for MLB it's by market areas as determined by the league -
i.e. in Colorado you would fall in the Rockies market; NHL varies --
sometimes we have exclusive rights, then other times there are market areas, again determined by the league--generally colorado would be blacked out for Avalanche games. For specifics on blackouts
restrictions, best to contact each league for their description. Also,
some college conferences required blackouts for playoff games (we
generally don't have to black out for regular season games).

This makes about as much sense as a monkey you know whatting a football to be me, but ... that is what they say!

slacker9876 said:
Someone asked what the logic to getting ESPN-A was a few days back. I didn't know but after contacting ESPN, they finally responsed with the following:

You receive the alternate programming when/if there is a blackout on a certain game telecast. Blackout restrictions vary from league to league). We are not required to black out NBA telecasts; for NFL only
site blackout if game is not sold out within 72 hours of the scheduled
telecast; for MLB it's by market areas as determined by the league -
i.e. in Colorado you would fall in the Rockies market; NHL varies --
sometimes we have exclusive rights, then other times there are market areas, again determined by the league--generally colorado would be blacked out for Avalanche games. For specifics on blackouts
restrictions, best to contact each league for their description. Also,
some college conferences required blackouts for playoff games (we
generally don't have to black out for regular season games).

This makes about as much sense as a monkey you know whatting a football to be me, but ... that is what they say!

so are they saying that the espn a will kick onwhen a game in your market is blacked out and they need to show you a alternate game--and thanks for keeping on top of this slacker, by the way a monkey doing you know what to a football, can you explain that I am a bit confused! :D

I could never figure out the espn A's either.

I would vote for making ESPN 3 and broadcasting all those extra games nationwide minus blackout areas. ESPN is really turning into BBC, they need a good 5 channels to get the job done.

ckudrna said:
I could never figure out the espn A's either.

I would vote for making ESPN 3 and broadcasting all those extra games nationwide minus blackout areas. ESPN is really turning into BBC, they need a good 5 channels to get the job done.

hey maybe dodgeball will come true and in the near future we will see espn 8-The ocho just so we can have all the espn channels instead of this alternative stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)