HTL-HD problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nino2469

Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
Hello-
I am looking for a little help. I have a HTL-HD receiver and I would like to know what setting I should for the format. I have a 57" widescreen HD tv. When I put it in native mode sometimes I just get audio but no video.

Can someone tell me what the best setting would be?

you either have to put it on 720p or 1080i always whichever your tv displays natively.my tv displays at 1080i

ok cool I have a toshiba 57h81 I think that does natively at 1080i. Now i need to figure out why my ota hd channels wont come in anymore.

Thanks for the replies

nino2469 said:
ok cool I have a toshiba 57h81 I think that does natively at 1080i. Now i need to figure out why my ota hd channels wont come in anymore.

Thanks for the replies

Try rescanning your OTA channels and check your signal strength. 70% or better is needed to get reliable reception.

I use native mode (actually var1) and let the hitachi convert the format to 1080i as I like the scalers better in the hitachi then in the htl-hd

nino2469 said:

Thanks for the replies

did the rescan and I get 2 of the 4 channels I want. I cant get the FOX and NBC channels and I used to get them.

nino2469 said:
did the rescan and I get 2 of the 4 channels I want. I cant get the FOX and NBC channels and I used to get them.
Do you know what the actual channel is that they broadcast on? Go to Menu, System, system test, ATSC and you should be able to check signal strength to see how well you are receiving those channels. :)

so weird I am getting a signal on the two channels that come in but nothing on the others. I havent changed anything that I know of and they just dont come in anymore

I have a Sony 65" widescreen (KP-65WS510) I have it set at EZ-DVI one thing I hate is how the menu's are huge and crappy looking on 480 and 720 channels and 1080i channel menus look GREAT.

Should I leave it on EZ-DVI? or set it some other way? I am not sure if my TV is capable of scaling things itself.

Alvarez said:
I have a Sony 65" widescreen (KP-65WS510) I have it set at EZ-DVI one thing I hate is how the menu's are huge and crappy looking on 480 and 720 channels and 1080i channel menus look GREAT.

Should I leave it on EZ-DVI? or set it some other way? I am not sure if my TV is capable of scaling things itself.

Not only that but also the delay while the HTL changes resolution when you switch from an HD channel to an SD channel takes forever. I leave mine on 1080i all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts