HTPC tuner cards.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
I ask because I can't really find any info by searching goog. I want to get satellite programming on my HTPC, is it possible? I don't want to just go the capture card route, I want an actual solution. Something that can be used with WMC. Like the cable tuners, but the cable company that services my area has no selection and poor service compared to dish. There may not be anything out there, but I still would like to know if there is such a thing. Preferrably the multi tuner types so I can record multiple shows at once.

These are your only option. Dish and Direct TV have stopped development on media center tuners.

HD PVR Product overview

Colossus Product Overview

AVerMedia AVerTV Global - TV Tuners, Media Player, IPTV and Multimedia Products - AVer3D CaptureHD

And I personally use my HD PVR with DVB Link from DVBLogic with great success. It allows you to use more than one capture card tuner on a single PC, and I use their network pack to distribute the tuners to all the other mediacenters in my house.

These are actual solutions...in fact, better than a CableCard. When one network or another turns on the DRM, you're free to move the recordings to your Server and watch that programming on any TV in your house. With a CableCard 'solution' if DRM is turned on, you can only watch that recording on the Media Center the recording was made on.

The DVBLink/DVBLogic software packages are amazing. I know what you were saying in your OP; but when it comes down to it, DVBLogic gives you all of the power of the SlingBox addon, but without the tuner limitation. You, your wife, and your kid can be in three different corners of the world and ALL have access to your programming at the SAME time. Beautiful.

Anyway, I'm obviously a fan, so don't let my fanaticism sway you. :)

Once you go Media Center, it's very hard to go back to anything else.

Does it work well with a remote? Also, can you record hd content? I was hoping to do away with an overpriced dvr that can do more than just record. I guess I could run two separate hd tuners to it to capture feeds. Thanks for the advice.

Look at the R5000 mod for ViP622/722 (not 722k) and ViP211 receivers at nextcomwireless.com.

USB 2.0 output directly to your PC.

Cannot send recorded programming to PC because it intercepts the signal before it goes to the receiver's hard drive (622/722).

$370 for 211/$400 for 622/722 modification of your owned receiver - not cheap, but when DRM limits component to 480p and limits HDMI outputs this will still work.

Last edited:
Look at the R5000 mod for ViP622/722 (not 722k) and ViP211 receivers at nextcomwireless.com.

USB 2.0 output directly to your PC.

Cannot send recorded programming to PC because it intercepts the signal before it goes to the receiver's hard drive (622/722).

$370 for 211/$400 for 622/722 modification of your owned receiver - not cheap, but when DRM disables component and limits HDMI outputs this will still work.

There is no plan for DRM to disable component. It is to no longer output HD and only output SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)