HTPC working with DirecTV H20-600 box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rocktrng

Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
:) Got my HP m7077c Media Center PC talking to a DirecTV H20-600 box.:) Here's what I did.

I bought a PCTV Remote Kit from Pinnacle Systems for $29.95 (which contains a trainable IR blaster). I upgraded my media center PC to Vista Home Premium (so it could talk to the IR blaster). Then, I connected the PC to the H20 box using an S-Video cable and an audio cable.

I opened up the media center application and went to settings. I didn't use "express" ... I used the "manual" method instead. During the process (after telling it I had a satellite set-top box), it tells you to press "0" on the Satellite box's remote. It did its thing and then to my surprise, it said ... "Hey — I recognize your remote." That was all it took. Once I'd completed the setup process ... my media PC can now tune my DirecTV set-top box ... and thus I finally have a workable HTPC with PVR functionality.

Hoorah! This one has taken me forever to figure out! Hope this helps someone else and saves them a lot of effort and frustration.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts