HTS C-band System (for sale?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zean836

Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hi guys, I'm new here, so bear with me.
My hubby wants to tear down our dish. But, I'd like to know if I should try to sell our system. We have:
HTS Tracker Permier System 50 Receiver w/remote
with Channel master videocipher RS module
& Winegard Quadstar 10' mount & feed support dish

Does anyone think I could sell this entire system? If so, approximately how much could I ask for it?

usually i can find them around here in Arkansas for free but they might be worth a little bit. depending on the size, make and condition of the dish. The receivers sell on ebay but usually cost more to ship than they bring so its usually a costly sell ( with ebay fees and paypal fees ).
if you are wanting to get rid of it offer it up on a local paper or craigslist. I see whole systems on ebay but they almost never sell unless they are in perfect shape and easy to get to. and they will bring in nowhere what they used to be worth. Big dishes are closer to a hobby now.

that is something to consider is to revive your big dish with a DVB receiver and scan the skys , not like the good old days but there are still channels out there.

good luck

Thanks George,
Maybe I can get my monies worth from the steel scrap yard that's about 5 miles down the road. LOL

well i've talked to a couple people that thought they would make a bit as scrap but i don't think they payed what the person thought it was worth. you might find some one who wants to buy one , i didn't want to give the impression that you can't sell it..... just not many people buying them these days.unless they are unique or in great shape. ( and for some of us the bigger the better ) so a 10-12 fter is a good dish. ...if it has a Horizon to horizon dish mover its worth a bit. if it has a c/ku feedhorn thats a plus also makes it more desirable.... lot of people don't realize the big dishes can still be used.

hate to see anyone scrap a good dish :(
but good luck either way

I'm in Michigan. I guess I'm gonna ask around and post it for sale. It still operates perfectly. Just stopped using it about 3 months ago. We didn't want to pay for subscriptions since we have local cable. Actually, thought about decorating it at Christmas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.