https://www.wired.com/2017/02/youtube-tv-skinny-bundle/

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The best part about Flex Pack is you have a much larger array of choices you can use only when you need them, for about the same price as many of the skinny streaming options out there.

You guys do know that Flex pack is $30 for 1 room.

And you aren't streaming to any devices with out a Sling loaded DVR.
Which adds more dough.

Both Sling Orange and Blue offer more at $40 than Flex.
And it can be used anywhere on multiple devices.

If you're old and Cheap than Flex pack is good.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Old no, cheap absolutely. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am waiting for an Ala carte offering. Imagine pick 20 channels for $25, 30 channels for $35, and 40 channels for $42 and 50 channels for $50. Then you can get your locals OTA. Where I live that would add another 22 channels. Big cities would get another 50 or more channels. Of course premium channels and sports would be extra. I went through the guide and I would be satisfied with the 30 channels package with premiums and sports it would cut my bill in half. This is a dream but maybe someone will try to offer such choices.

I am waiting for an Ala carte offering. Imagine pick 20 channels for $25, 30 channels for $35, and 40 channels for $42 and 50 channels for $50. Then you can get your locals OTA. Where I live that would add another 22 channels. Big cities would get another 50 or more channels. Of course premium channels and sports would be extra. I went through the guide and I would be satisfied with the 30 channels package with premiums and sports it would cut my bill in half. This is a dream but maybe someone will try to offer such choices.
In the end of your scenario, you would probably be paying as much if not more than what you already have,

The problems standing in the way of that has been discussed for years here and have so far proven to be true. Flex is the closest a non online provider has come but as you see you don't pick what individual channels you want. In fact even online you don't and when you almost can it become expensive.

Apparantly at launch and for some time after, the only way to view this service on your big TV is via Chromcast and Mirrocast type via Chrome (I think) and mobile. There will definatley be NO access via connected devices to your big TV like Roku, SonyPlay Station, Amazon Fire, etc. for some time. But YT expects to make connected devices to big TV a realality some time in the future, but they didn't say WHEN. So, with the exception of Chromecast and Mirrorcasting, this is pretty much a PC or mobile device screen service (of course, its YouTube) for the time being and this limitation keeps quite a few non-techy folks OUT of the preferred way--and sometimes ONLY way people know how--to get content to their big TV, which is using their Roku, FireTV, etc. for all such services and who believe using Chromecast is far too much trouble, complicated, etc. These people really exist. For power users on this forum, Chromecast is laughably easy, but I'm telling you, MOST people don't want to go to what they consider to be "trouble" and "complication" and "another thingy hooked up to may TV!! Why can't I watch it on my Roku or Fire like I do everything else (meaning Netflix and Hulu, SlingTV, DirecTV NOW, etc.)?" "Nevermind, I'll just keep my cable and sat subscription until it is easy for me to watch, and when they get channels I want they don't have now." That's how the majority of the consumers view all this new-fangled technology and the "trouble" to get YT's new OTT service on a nice, big, HD or UHD TV because, "I aint a watchin it on no small PC screen or my phone." They want something like the Channel Master DVR+: a box (Roku, etc. count) to connect to the big TV and start a watchin' or an app they can launch from the Roku or Fire or the like.

Since big companies own most of the popular channels, they call the shots. I am a bit surprised Dish could even put together the Flex Pack. Ala Carte would be nice to a point, but the cost per channel would be much higher.

In the end of your scenario, you would probably be paying as much if not more than what you already have,
I like the idea of a "Name Your Price" build-your-own-bundle option. That way, you know exactly how much you are going to pay, but you may have to settle for getting fewer channels as prices increase if you can't afford to upgrade to a higher-priced plan to keep the channels you already have.

and the next thing you know you'll be paying more for half the channels...;)
Again, I'm ok with that. Even if I pay the same price now for 1/4 of the channels of my choosing, I'm out ahead. Right now, I made sacrifices of about 4 channels to cut my bill in half. If I could still keep the same price level and get the 4 channels I'm missing, and drop the 20 channels I don't want, I'm golden.

Reactions: pattykay
Somehow YouTube put together 40 channels for $35 where very few were shopping or very little watched stations. What if they could sign another 20-40 channels. Instead of offering a 60 or 80 channel deal, they let you select the 40 channels you want for $35.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)