Hughes HTL-HD Network Restoration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TexRedNK

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Dallas Tx Burbs
Hi all, Totally new to this forum, so hope this is the correct Forum. Retired electronics tech, so understand general electronic stuff. Also a Ham Radio Op. My main objective was to be able to receive local OTA HD stations as well as my usual D* channels.

Here's my problem: Recently bought two HTL-HD units off EBay. One is a high serial # and works well with OTA signals AND satellite. The 2nd unit is early production., about Sep 2003. Low serial # and has software ver 1.06.00.

I hooked the unit to OTA antenna and used for about 2 wkss, getting familuar with as many menus, set-ups, scans.. etc. Unit worked flawlessly. Actually it has a very sensitive Analog.Digital tuner. In my area most of the Digital stations are on UHF, but one is on VHF. I noticed that station sometimes has a weaker signal and I am using my normal VHF/UHF antena that I used for analog stations.

Now to my problem: When I received my NEW D* access card, I contacted their tech-help group to activate the card. We had difficulty getting the new card to work, but finally worked through all the required menus after several re-boot/resets..

When I finally got the GUIDE menus populated with correct times and programs by subject to working, the unit began to automatically going in the the 'NEWTORK RESTORATION' MODE. During that period, all remote comands are locked out. In a few minutes, the notice quits and the unit returns to normal operation. The clock displays the correct time, all channels seem to operate and display normaly. The D* tech indicated it may take several hours before everything was restored, at which time this 'Restoration' mode would cease.

BUT, NOW, 24 hrs later; every 5 to 10 min intervals, the unit stops receiving the program I am tuned to and goes back into the 'NETWORK RESTORATION' MODE'.

Since this unit is now 5 yrear old, is it possible that there is a weak or bad battery inside ? Is there a way to upgrade the NVRAM with more current software ? The other newer unit has Ver 2.01.00 software.

Any suggestions ? Anyone experience simular problems ? Thanks in advance. ( All Knowledge (and some BS) flows on the WEB ! )

Hey all, I am being told today by DTV that they no longer will support this receiver, nor do they have any new soft/firm ware to dnload. So again... anyone know a source of later versions of soft/firm ware for this box ? ALSO, I am seeing posts that when DTV updates for later HD signals, they will NOT be using this MPG2 format, which means units like this one will no longer work ??

Hey all, I am being told today by DTV that they no longer will support this receiver, nor do they have any new soft/firm ware to dnload. So again... anyone know a source of later versions of soft/firm ware for this box ? ALSO, I am seeing posts that when DTV updates for later HD signals, they will NOT be using this MPG2 format, which means units like this one will no longer work ??

They will work fine for the mpeg2 sd and hd channels, but the hd channels will be moved to mpeg4 in the not too distant future. The box will still work for ota signals, whether you have a Directv subscription or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts