Hughes Net Used Equipement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
My friend has a 2-way system that he just turned off because wireless broadband became available in his area. If I were to buy the equipment and install it myself, and claim that we just moved to the house and would like to activate the system that was at the house would that work? If so, how much would the monthly rate be and would there be a contract involved? Please Help!

No contract. Monthly rate would be home 59.99 and Pro 69.99

What type of system is it? 4000, 6000, More than likely not going to be a 7000.

Unfortunately Hughes will not activate the system unless a certified tech comes out. Hughes will have to build the account under Used Equipment this creating a new SAN and PIN which will get sent to a Distributor who will assign an installer. The best thing for you to do is install the system, make sure the mast or pole is good and plum and you have a clear shot at the satellite you are going to point at "a 6000 will go to IA8 @ 89w and a 4000 will go to G11@ 91w. Also make sure all the cable is run and is grounded. When the installer calls let him know you have all of that done and he should pro rate you a price. Our company charges 200 for an install or 100 if all we have to do is point the dish.

Let me know if you have any questions.

hey tate i got a question for ya...is your company requiring you too use quad cable and that sh!tty mocap ...also are they making you use the enclosure boxes on your ground blocks.... the reason i ask is that the company i used to work for is telling me all this is coming down the pipe from p-10and i think hes just requiring this himself to make his company look better....i dont mind doing it it does make the jobs look better but he refuses to pay any extra even though the costs of all this stuff is killing the installers .... just wondering .. i quit about a month ago but i still have a few friends working there...i hate i had to quit i really like doing they work i just cant afford it anymore

jellison1 said:
hey tate i got a question for ya...is your company requiring you too use quad cable and that sh!tty mocap ...also are they making you use the enclosure boxes on your ground blocks.... the reason i ask is that the company i used to work for is telling me all this is coming down the pipe from p-10and i think hes just requiring this himself to make his company look better....i dont mind doing it it does make the jobs look better but he refuses to pay any extra even though the costs of all this stuff is killing the installers .... just wondering .. i quit about a month ago but i still have a few friends working there...i hate i had to quit i really like doing they work i just cant afford it anymore

Not quad cable but the mo cap and boxes have been a must for a while now. You can avoid a box by putting the ground block inside. Hughes is actually the people who made the decision. On cable we are required to use solid copper.

bsilvertab,
The satellite you will be pointing to is IA8, 89west

Any tips for setting up a Hughesnet dish with a 6000 modem? I am a certified Wildblue installer but have not gotten to install one yet because of the suspended sales in my area. Is it much different? Is there a signal meter in the web based interface of the modem? Please advise.

plug the modem in and put this in your address bar

192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html
select setup then installer.

Like I said before, Hughes will not activate it unless someone comes out.

Does anyone on the forum want to activate the system I will install for a fee?? I am more than capable of installing the satellite myself, I just don't have a cert for it.

If you call up and set up a new account, get the SAN and PIN #s (pin # will be the last four of your phone #). Run registration after pointing and Xpol and all should come up.

BTW I did a "used eqip" install the other day and they put me on G4??? should have been on IA8! So don't be surprised if not on the bird you expect.

Never Say You Can Do It

bsilvertab said:
I am more than capable of installing the satellite myself, I just don't have a cert for it.
Last guy told me that still has his system in the Dominican Republic, and can not get the transmit to pass after 5 months. A two way satellite system (VSAT) is NOT TV...installing it is very technical.

Yes anytime you open a new account you will get a new san and pin.

Also the above is correct. The Direcway is much more difficult to align than the dbs tv system.

i don't think they really have a default sat any more. they seem to just fill slots. the beta testing on the hn7000s was satmex5 and that was there bad sat for a while. it works really good for me. and my dw6000 is on that sat also. if your east coast i would defiantly go to 89w. but to me it depends on your location equipment and open view to the sat. try pointing with the center 119 lbn hooked up to a d or e receiver to get in the ball park then fine tune. don't forget to level the mast. if your out side the USA then i think you need the larger dish. in south America Semtex5 has good signal! good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts