hughes network silver edition

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

talkdty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
clover, sc
hird e1

does direct.tv allow new customer activation of/on older stb's (fleemarket buy, card intact all system checks "Ok" 86 signal 88 quality) getting both preview guides just fine

charlotte, nc

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

They generally don't. Have you tried calling Directv and asking? Just so you know, they will give you up to date equipment as a new subscriber.

just trying to minimize $$$
after 13years with dishntwrk, would have thought to get better treatment from them,(bought a complt dish 300 system in 1998 for 90$ and re-up'd for12years)
i'm done with longterm contracts/leases of any type

i was hoping with free/existing equipmnt i could maybe get a basic package for 15-20 bucks on a month to month, all they need are serial# and just flip a switch right

makes no sense

Oh well thanks forvthe welcome and thanks for bringing me up to date

appreciate it.....

i cannot see how some spend 70-80-90+*per month* for tv
i got upset when AT40 hit 50 bucks!!

man its hard trying to stay middle class

The cheapest channel pack I can think of is the dish family which is 19.99 promotional price and later 24.99. Only downside is the reason why it is so cheap is because it does not include most of the mainstream channels you are used to seeing on AT40.

Directv will not activate old equipment (or previously owned equipment) on a new account

But they will, or at least would, activate if you already had an active set up.

Op, IF you have D* already, give them a call, they will definitely require a new Access Card, charge you $ 20 for it.

Remember it's a SD set up, unless it was a e-85 was it, even them, the majority of the D* channels have moved to MPEG 4 from MPEG 2, thats what that recvr gets, so at best you may get a handful; of HD channelsa, but SD I think you'll still be OK.

Edit:
After reading the rest of the posts, it looks like you not a D* sub, so No you can't turn on that old recvr.

thanks for all the chime-ins, looks like me & Direct will agree to "Disagree" so no-deal.

just curious - how many of you guys actually own your Direct TV receiver boxes? and what did it cost you ?

thanks for all the chime-ins, looks like me & Direct will agree to "Disagree" so no-deal.

just curious - how many of you guys actually own your Direct TV receiver boxes? and what did it cost you ?

Not many, you'll find people with them, but 99.9% made after 2006 are LEASED.

I always BOUGHT my boxes till then, then when I saw how quickly the technology was changing, I find no reason to want to own one anymore.

Owning vs Leased has nothing to do with the 2 years commitment, incase your wondering.

I've subbed since the early 90's, I bought my first RCA receiver and dish for $899.

I own a H23-600, D11, DRD503RBC, and a DRD222RD. I lease a HR22-100.

I got the H23 as a replacement when my HD DTC210 went bad, I've had the protection plan for years, whenever an IRD acts up or goes bad, I get another owned new receiver. They did try to screw me and say that the H23 was leased, Thanks to advice I got here, I called them and they changed it to owned on my account, Thanks Iceberg.

I just like owning my equipment....

I've subbed since the early 90's, I bought my first RCA receiver and dish for $899.

I own a H23-600, D11, DRD503RBC, and a DRD222RD. I lease a HR22-100.

I got the H23 as a replacement when my HD DTC210 went bad, I've had the protection plan for years, whenever an IRD acts up or goes bad, I get another owned new receiver. They did try to screw me and say that the H23 was leased, Thanks to advice I got here, I called them and they changed it to owned on my account, Thanks Iceberg.

I just like owning my equipment....

Does it say somewhere on your account web page that they are Owned or Leased ?

Years ago it was posted when you signed in as well as how long you had on your commitment, but they seem to have done away with that info, it would be nice to be able top access that info online.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)