Hughes Network Systems Joins Wi-Fi Alliance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

James

2004 NL MVP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030910/dcw001_1.html
Hughes Network Systems, Inc. (HNS), the world's leading provider of satellite broadband solutions with its DIRECWAY® service, announced today that it has joined the Wi-Fi Alliance, a nonprofit organization formed to certify interoperability of IEEE 802.11 products and to promote Wi-Fi as the global, wireless LAN standard across all market segments.
"The goals of the Wi-Fi Alliance are strategically aligned with HNS' objective of delivering interoperable Wi-Fi Internet access solutions," said Pradeep Kaul, executive vice president of HNS. "Our Wi-Fi Access utilizes the nationwide DIRECWAY® system as a backbone, complementing the terrestrial coverage of both 2.5 and 3G cellular carriers and other Wi-Fi hot spot providers. We encourage inter-working of HNS-powered hot spots with those of others."
I'm not sure this is much of a benefit for end users, but a sucessful DIRECWAY service would mean less cost for the end user. Now if they could just add built in WiFi to all the recievers so they wouldn't have to make a call and to the DVR so I can get the HMO, I'd be a happy customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)