hughesnet and a home network?

i thoght that too. but had trouble getting that to work. i called the router's tech support it was a joke. had me on the line for a hour trying everthing. he acted like it wasn't going to happen without going wireless.

Well - I don't know that router specifically, but it does appear to be sorta lower-shelf merchandise. So perhaps the problem has something to do with the installation software - specifically that it may require a fair degree of user input, rather than being closer to fully automatic like more expensive units. I'm guessing that the router and/or the computer and/or the modem simply aren't "seeing" each other. For example; it may; not detect that the HN9000 IP address can be either 192.168.0.1 or 169.254.0.1. And/or perhaps it's not automatically assigning IP addresses to the attached computers. Without correct incoming and outgoing addresses, it's like the mailman trying to deliver blank envelopes.

So if you haven't yet, a visit to TRENDnet | Support| KnowledgeBase | TW100-S4W1CA may help. And the latest driver(s) are here: TRENDnet | Downloads | Routers | TW100-S4W1CA.

//greg//

Last edited:
You will only use the router. What is the IP address of the router? Most often when a problem like this arises the router and the modem have the same IP of 192.168.0.1. If this is the case you will need to change the routers IP to 1.1. Also make sure all of the computers are set to automatically obtain IP's.

That is your problem. what you will do is type in 192.168.0.1 in your IE address bar. Then it will pop up a username and password. This should be on the bottom of router and most likely a combination of admin, administrator, or password. This will log you into the router. From there you should see LAN IP ADDRESS somewhere "you may have to do some searching in setup". You will see the 192.168.0.1 there and you will be able to change it. You will want to change the 0 to a 1 and save settings and reset modem and router and you should be all set.

i don't know who set it up. it's not mine. i was just helping him out and trying to get it running. he's got one computer with windows 98 that don't want to talk to the system. i went to the local computer repair store and got a copy of windows 2000 to put on it. maybe i can get it up and going without a problem.

well i'm over here messing with his network tonight. i am happy to say the computer with windows 98 on it now has Puppy Linux on it. I put it on here and it's working fine. it found the network with no problem. this old computer was slow anyway this just speeded it up some. 400 mhz with 64mb ram and a 10 gig hard drive. well thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)