Hughesnet dish pointing

O

o07wray

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 3, 2006
I'm tring to get the ruff aim point info for the 63886 ( Marston, MO ) area. I want to see if I have a good line of site onthe bird.

What i need is the azmuith, elevation, and polarization numbers...

and is their is a installers program for that. can I get a copy?

I have the yellow hughesnet OPI but no instructions on how to use it.. ( i can assume..but don't want to destroy something by using it wrong...

I going to moving this setup many times over the next year and need all the info I can get on doing this. I have installed DIRECT TV and Dish before, I am currently working on my WILD BLUE installers course.. ( I plan to install and use the WB on the road .. it uses a smaller dish and would be easier to setup. ) but I am stuck with a DW6000 unit I bought new on ebay for now.. so no contract.. just they want to charge you a arm and leg for instalation .. I know I can do this.. I just need the knowedge base....

any help would be great.. any direct personal help would be paid for.

contact me at o07wray@aol.com or my cell 904-751-1654 I'm on nights (7pm-7am) and get up around 4pm daily.

Looking foward to hearing form all that can help...

Thanks,
Jeff

D

divecorn

Jan 12, 2006
Try a site calld http://www.kusat.com
If you can get the geographic co-ordinates for your location you can type them in and get the azimuth, elevation etc. for any bird you want plus they have a program on the site for even getting the look angles.
There's another site but I don't know the address ... try searching for Satellite Finder 4.3
I also found ( but can't remember ) a site that if you give your zip code, it will give you your geographic co-ordinates.
You might also try Google Earth ....... that have a program that produces satellite maps for your geographic location, then when yoiu zoom in, you can come rigfht down to yourr street address and the co-ordinates will change as you locate you specific location.
Hope this helps.
I'm with you ....you don't need to be a rocket scientist. I'm no expert, but if you want to compare notes e-mail me at cidrni2002@yahoo.com
Dave

O

o07wray

Oct 3, 2006
Thank you for yout time...and all the info. I was going to contact NASA and get GEOS info on the birds and work backwards with a litte math... but finding someone else that has done this .. or more to the point I have been making about the instalers...

THEY HAVE THIS INFO AT THEIR FINGER Tips.. AND AFTER THIS POST HAS BEEN HERE FOR 5 DAYS... AND AFTER THEY MENTION THIS POST IN THIER RANTINGS.. THEY STILL HAVE YET TO GIVE ME ANY INFO......!!!!! only goes to prove my point.

thank you again DIVECORN...!!!!

S

sjbones2001

Oct 5, 2006
Hi
I am new here and want to get a sat. link as there is no other option here I need to see if i need to cut trees down. I can see south sky good but what angle to see sat.view? macomb, ok. 74852 . i have about 60 feet to tree line ,tree`s are about 50feet tall. would i be able to put disk on 6 to12 foot pole and have clear sight to birds?
thanks

HCI

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
sjbones2001 said:
Hi
I am new here and want to get a sat. link as there is no other option here I need to see if i need to cut trees down. I can see south sky good but what angle to see sat.view? macomb, ok. 74852 . i have about 60 feet to tree line ,tree`s are about 50feet tall. would i be able to put disk on 6 to12 foot pole and have clear sight to birds?
thanks

Your default bird right now with Hughes is HOR1@127 elevation will be around 38.
If you could upload some pic's that would be helpfull.

O

o07wray

Oct 3, 2006
upload pics?? geesh..

how about this,, sjbones2001. just tell me how faraway the trees are and how tall they are...and I can tell you if your line of site is clear...

And here is a link to find your azimuth, elevation ect...

http://www.arachnoid.com/satfinder/

simple math TATE... but I guess a certified installer doesn’t need no stinkin' math!!!

Last edited: