Hughesnet dish pointing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

o07wray

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
I'm tring to get the ruff aim point info for the 63886 ( Marston, MO ) area. I want to see if I have a good line of site onthe bird.

What i need is the azmuith, elevation, and polarization numbers...

and is their is a installers program for that. can I get a copy?

I have the yellow hughesnet OPI but no instructions on how to use it.. ( i can assume..but don't want to destroy something by using it wrong...

I going to moving this setup many times over the next year and need all the info I can get on doing this. I have installed DIRECT TV and Dish before, I am currently working on my WILD BLUE installers course.. ( I plan to install and use the WB on the road .. it uses a smaller dish and would be easier to setup. ) but I am stuck with a DW6000 unit I bought new on ebay for now.. so no contract.. just they want to charge you a arm and leg for instalation .. I know I can do this.. I just need the knowedge base....

any help would be great.. any direct personal help would be paid for.

contact me at o07wray@aol.com or my cell 904-751-1654 I'm on nights (7pm-7am) and get up around 4pm daily.

Looking foward to hearing form all that can help...

Thanks,
Jeff

Try a site calld http://www.kusat.com
If you can get the geographic co-ordinates for your location you can type them in and get the azimuth, elevation etc. for any bird you want plus they have a program on the site for even getting the look angles.
There's another site but I don't know the address ... try searching for Satellite Finder 4.3
I also found ( but can't remember ) a site that if you give your zip code, it will give you your geographic co-ordinates.
You might also try Google Earth ....... that have a program that produces satellite maps for your geographic location, then when yoiu zoom in, you can come rigfht down to yourr street address and the co-ordinates will change as you locate you specific location.
Hope this helps.
I'm with you ....you don't need to be a rocket scientist. I'm no expert, but if you want to compare notes e-mail me at cidrni2002@yahoo.com
Dave

Thank you for yout time...and all the info. I was going to contact NASA and get GEOS info on the birds and work backwards with a litte math... but finding someone else that has done this .. or more to the point I have been making about the instalers...

THEY HAVE THIS INFO AT THEIR FINGER Tips.. AND AFTER THIS POST HAS BEEN HERE FOR 5 DAYS... AND AFTER THEY MENTION THIS POST IN THIER RANTINGS.. THEY STILL HAVE YET TO GIVE ME ANY INFO......!!!!! only goes to prove my point.

thank you again DIVECORN...!!!!

Hi
I am new here and want to get a sat. link as there is no other option here I need to see if i need to cut trees down. I can see south sky good but what angle to see sat.view? macomb, ok. 74852 . i have about 60 feet to tree line ,tree`s are about 50feet tall. would i be able to put disk on 6 to12 foot pole and have clear sight to birds?
thanks

sjbones2001 said:
Hi
I am new here and want to get a sat. link as there is no other option here I need to see if i need to cut trees down. I can see south sky good but what angle to see sat.view? macomb, ok. 74852 . i have about 60 feet to tree line ,tree`s are about 50feet tall. would i be able to put disk on 6 to12 foot pole and have clear sight to birds?
thanks

Your default bird right now with Hughes is HOR1@127 elevation will be around 38.
If you could upload some pic's that would be helpfull.

upload pics?? geesh..

how about this,, sjbones2001. just tell me how faraway the trees are and how tall they are...and I can tell you if your line of site is clear...

And here is a link to find your azimuth, elevation ect...

http://www.arachnoid.com/satfinder/

simple math TATE... but I guess a certified installer doesn’t need no stinkin' math!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)