HughesNet focal point?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Does anyone know what the focal point on a hughesNet dish is or is their a way I could find this out using voodoo dolls or something?

A few months back I read some postings on using strings but after searching the site and reading through 50,000 postings I could not find it.

Could you explain more about what you are trying to do?

Don't you have all of the pieces of this dish?

Yes, I have all of the pieces of the dish, What I am trying to do is put up multiple lnb's...4 total...So if I knew how to configure the focal point, I could also use this technique for the remaining 3 lnb's?.... Maybe I'm making this harder than it should be.

The center LNB will be located where the current LNB is. That's a given.
And the trick posted above, should help you get there.
Feel free to still move the LNB toward/away from the dish as much as 1/2 or 3/4 inch to fine tune, as that may help, but you should be pretty close.

As for the side-mounted LNBs, they should probably be about the same distance from the center of the dish as the central LNB.
So, that means as they get farther out, they need to be moved a bit closer, and tipped toward the center of the dish.
A way to visualize this, is to tape a string to the middle of the dish, and put a mark on it where it touches the central LNB.
Now, move the string sideways, and it should touch the face of the side LNBs.

IF your central LNB is aimed at your True South satellite, then the side LNBs will be about equally high.
If you aim well east or west of your True South satellite, then the side LNBs will be one higher and one lower than the central LNB.
(Unless you have an elliptical dish and can skew it)

The more I write, the more I realize this is just confusing.
Don't we have a simplified guide to multiple LNBs around here somewhere? :rolleyes:
There are many threads where members have described the job.
If you read enough of 'em, you'll absorb any secrets. - :D

If you want the math on where to locate the LNBs...
MJflash and his math to put two LNBs on a single dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/89049-offset-lnbs-theory-practice.html

If you just want to see a good example of someone mounting two LNBs...
Linuxman and dual Sky Mexico LNBs on 87 / 97
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/99108-87w-97w-primestar-84e-multi-lnbf.html

See the pictures of this thread (too long to read) and you'll see where the LNBs would locate in space, if you had a whole bunch to mount...
Linuxman and entire arc on 6' Prodelin:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...st-way-receive-whole-ku-arc-fixed-dishes.html

Anole, Thats the info & direction that I was looking for. Thank you very much.
I realize I should of been more specific on what I wanted to accomplish but my wife was on her way out the door to the mall and there was no way I was going to let her go alone with the debit card. So I thought I would post this and have some reading material when I got back. Apologize again for being a little too general when posting.

Over the next week I will do some experimenting with the multi LNB set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)