HughesNet Raven Satellite Dish

kiheilesley

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Grass Valley, CA
Hey, I completely DONT KNOW why I am here or how anyone can help, since I am clueless!! :eek:
We just moved to a new location in Northern California (Grass Valley). We have not even unpacked our TV yet, and have not decided what kind of entertainment service to sign up for. Does anyone have any idea of what use a 'new looking' Raven satellite dish is that is mounted on the roof of our new house? We have had dish network in the past and have a receiver. (not that means anything). Was the Raven dish set up for internet or tv viewing? Can it be hooked up to 'anything' and tuned to get any tv signal? I am not trying to 'steal' anyones signal, just interested in finding out if this dish should be removed or is it useful?
thank you,
new user Lesley
if this is not the appropriate forum, please direct me to the right place. As you can see I am new to satellite dish 'stuff'
?:)

Hey, I completely DONT KNOW why I am here or how anyone can help, since I am clueless!! :eek:
We just moved to a new location in Northern California (Grass Valley). We have not even unpacked our TV yet, and have not decided what kind of entertainment service to sign up for. Does anyone have any idea of what use a 'new looking' Raven satellite dish is that is mounted on the roof of our new house? We have had dish network in the past and have a receiver. (not that means anything). Was the Raven dish set up for internet or tv viewing? Can it be hooked up to 'anything' and tuned to get any tv signal? I am not trying to 'steal' anyones signal, just interested in finding out if this dish should be removed or is it useful?
thank you,
new user Lesley
if this is not the appropriate forum, please direct me to the right place. As you can see I am new to satellite dish 'stuff'
?:)

Regardless of what that dish is used for you will need to sign up for service through some kind of company whether it be Dish, DirecTV or what ever cable company is there. Yo'll want to do some research and decide what service best fits your needs for price and programming. Once you decide then you should be able to get your service installed for free with new equipment.

As for what the Raven dish is for I'm sure someone else on here will know.

It sounds like the previous owners had satellite internet. Maybe that's the only option for internet at your new place?.?.?

yes thanks, I know I will need to sign up for a service to get all the 'regular' channels like food network etc. I just figured in the MEAN time I could get a tuner and search around for signals for whatever is floating around in cyberspace. I was only hoping someone on this thread might have known what a hughes net RAVEN 9000 dish was for, before I disconnect it and throw it in the landfill.

Post a picture of it and we will tell you exactly what it is. Raven makes dishes for lots of services. ;)