HUGHESNET UNLINITED BANDWITH UPDATE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ga.Boy

Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
I looked at my Hughesnet usage chart this morning because I knew that I had ran pass 6:00 AM a couple of days ago on a large download. Sure enought there was a 65MB download listed between 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM in blue. I saw that the unlimited bandwith that does't count toward your FAP, which is highlighted in blue, now runs from 2:00 AM to 7:00 AM EST instead of the old 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM EST. I called Tech support and they confirmed that the new time frame is 2:00 AM to 7:00 AM even though they have not changed the written part of their FAP yet. A lot better to get up at 6:00 AM than 5:00 AM for a large download !!

Not good enough. They need at least 12 hours of unlimited FAP before I will become a customer. I could do all the heavy stuff during those 12 hours while doing the light duty stuff during the unlimited periods. This is one thing that is going to hold satellite broadband back more and more. The demand is increasing more and more for additional bandwidth yet the limit is the same. I thought a few years ago it was unlimited from midnight to 6 AM so it is still in their favor.

I think its pretty fair considering that dial up sucks!!! Hey why do they need to limit the bandwith they could just let the idiots with unsecure wireless networks run 2 gigs a day and overload the satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)