Hulu Will Raise the Price of the Hulu + Live TV Bundle in December

But will they understand it ?

Your Mom wants to watch the Big Bang Theory, will she know what channel it will be on and when ?

Your Mom is probably ingrained with the Traditional Channels ....

I would hate to explain to my Mom that you need to open Paramount APP to watch it and when you want to turn on your NCIS it may be a different app ot your Yellowstone, another app ....
Won't work for my Parents
He said Hulu Live, you do not have to open separate apps if you switch to a OTT Live TV Service.

While they do not have channel numbers in the guide, they do show what channel by name

Btw, how do I watch the Football game ???
You put it on the channel that has whatever game on.

But will they understand it ?

Your Mom wants to watch the Big Bang Theory, will she know what channel it will be on and when ?

Your Mom is probably ingrained with the Traditional Channels ....

I would hate to explain to my Mom that you need to open Paramount APP to watch it and when you want to turn on your NCIS it may be a different app ot your Yellowstone, another app ....
Won't work for my Parents

Btw, how do I watch the Football game ???
It wouldnt be that difficult going to Hulu Live like he was talking about. There is still a guide with the channel names, just no numbers. So they would use it basically the same as they do now, just with a different box.

Not sure my parents know the channel numbers anyway. They went from TWC to DirecTV and then to Spectrum over the past 6 years. I just see them use the guide to change channels.

Not sure my parents know the channel numbers anyway. They went from TWC to DirecTV and then to Spectrum over the past 6 years. I just see them use the guide to change channels.
i have had DirecTV, Dish and Comcast in my adult life, the only time I have know channel numbers is when we had Comcast ( actually Media One back then) in our first Apartment after I left the Army and was in College, that was in 1988.

The box sucked, no guide back then, our first experience with a guide was DirecTV, I think in 95 or 96, never paid attention to the numbers, just the names.

i have had DirecTV, Dish and Comcast in my adult life, the only time I have know channel numbers is when we had Comcast ( actually Media One back then) in our first Apartment after I left the Army and was in College, that was in 1988.

The box sucked, no guide back then, our first experience with a guide was DirecTV, I think in 95 or 96, never paid attention to the numbers, just the names.
When you wanted ESPN you went to 206, not espn as an example.
You want CNN (example) you don't have the option for CNN, you go to 201.

Once the D* branded boxes came out, there were no Channel posters. There May have been with the old Hughes box, a friend had one at the time.

Hulu Live is $70 a month, and going up, I may as well keep what I have.
It includes ESPN+ and Disney+, also all the on demand stuff from Hulu.

If not, YTTV is cheaper, $65, but Hulu is the better bargain if you want those other services.

I just have Commercial Free Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ for $19.99.

ESPN+ has been great for watching the Red Wings here in Florida, every game so far, for example tomorrow night against Montreal .

Reactions: ncted
Hulu Live is $70 a month, and going up, I may as well keep what I have.
If what you have works for you at a price you’re comfortable with, then absolutely.

It will go up as well of course, but that’s why I like having the choices we have now. (For now). I’ll take the savings personally, they have been substantial over the time since I’ve dropped sat.

My parent's Spectrum cable bill, including all the taxes and fees is over $120, and they just announced another price increase, so Hulu LIve looks like a real bargain.
It is why I do not do sub to Live TV anymore, it is not that I cannot afford it, it is because it is just not worth it.

When I get the vast majority of new content from Live TV on streaming services plus the exclusives for less then half the price of a Traditional Provider, there is no question what is the better value.

Prices for most things are Way Over done ....

TV should be no more than $50.
When I moved to my mobile home park in 95 we only had one Telemedia Cable company for our park. I paid $45.00 for like 25 channels. That is why I went with Prime Star satellite in 96 and then changed to DISH in 97. My prices dropped considerably for DISH and I paid like $19.99 a month and got more than 25 channels and had east /west coast locals and superstations pack for like $8.00 more. That used to be what satellite was about, low prices. At least DISH rode that line till they no longer could with out lying. Now streaming is lower in price and cable and satellite are about the same ,but I see them doing the same thing to streaming they did with satellite tv and continuing to hike the prices again.

It is why I do not do sub to Live TV anymore, it is not that I cannot afford it, it is because it is just not worth it.

When I get the vast majority of new content from Live TV on streaming services plus the exclusives for less then half the price of a Traditional Provider, there is no question what is the better value.
Me too, but the parents are not of the same opinion. My mom loves live sports and my dad loves cable news. They went to visit my sister (who doesn't have cable) for a week recently and they went stir crazy. Nevermind that they both grew up without TVs.

When I moved to my mobile home park in 95 we only had one Telemedia Cable company for our park. I paid $45.00 for like 25 channels. That is why I went with Prime Star satellite in 96 and then changed to DISH in 97. My prices dropped considerably for DISH and I paid like $19.99 a month and got more than 25 channels and had east /west coast locals and superstations pack for like $8.00 more. That used to be what satellite was about, low prices. At least DISH rode that line till they no longer could with out lying. Now streaming is lower in price and cable and satellite are about the same ,but I see them doing the same thing to streaming they did with satellite tv and continuing to hike the prices again.
And then something else will come along.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm looking more closely at comparing DISH to a streaming service like Hulu Live TV and the biggest differences are the lack of monthly DVR fees and no equipment protection plan.

I have Spectrum for Internet at 200 mpbs so I have the bandwidth for streaming. If I restart DISH with Flex Pack, locals, DVR fee and the protection plan it will be ~$90/month after the latest price increase.....plus I add ESPN+ on its own for $10/month to get NHL and NLL games. So it will be around $100/month. My DISH receiver is free (a 722K that I've had for 10ish years).

I can do Hulu Live TV with unlimited DVR for ~$75/month all-in and get ESPN+ included (plus Disney+ which doesn't have anything I'm interested in, plus regular Hulu which has a couple of things I'll check out). I already have a Roku Ultra to run it all through. So I can save $25/month and get more sports (which I like) than I was getting with DISH and access to more content. And my wife can still get her favorite channels, too.

I guess I'm talking myself into leaving DISH when I have to come off DISH Pause in March......

I guess I'm talking myself into leaving DISH when I have to come off DISH Pause in March......
Why wait, doesn’t Dish charge an extra $5 a month for Dish Pause?

Why wait, doesn’t Dish charge an extra $5 a month for Dish Pause?
Not an extra $5. It only costs $5 (plus tax) to be on DISH Pause. I've had credits for the last few months that had my bill at a negative so it cost me nothing.

My latest bill is $1.88. My next bill will be $5 + tax and will be that for each month until March which is when I have to officially decide if I'm jumping off DISH to go to a streaming service or stay with DISH. DISH Pause is great because it leaves all the equipment and my account in place while I figure things out. My DISH guide only shows some token free shopping channels and PPV for purchase but I can access and watch stuff on my DVR.

I'm looking more closely at comparing DISH to a streaming service like Hulu Live TV and the biggest differences are the lack of monthly DVR fees and no equipment protection plan.

I have Spectrum for Internet at 200 mpbs so I have the bandwidth for streaming. If I restart DISH with Flex Pack, locals, DVR fee and the protection plan it will be ~$90/month after the latest price increase.....plus I add ESPN+ on its own for $10/month to get NHL and NLL games. So it will be around $100/month. My DISH receiver is free (a 722K that I've had for 10ish years).

I can do Hulu Live TV with unlimited DVR for ~$75/month all-in and get ESPN+ included (plus Disney+ which doesn't have anything I'm interested in, plus regular Hulu which has a couple of things I'll check out). I already have a Roku Ultra to run it all through. So I can save $25/month and get more sports (which I like) than I was getting with DISH and access to more content. And my wife can still get her favorite channels, too.

You can always come back in the future if you want to. I have tried Sling tv and You tube tv and I like the You tube tv interface better but I can get more channels for less with Sling . I had DISH for 25 years and cancelled it in 2021.