Hunting eastern end of Arc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Looking on filling in the eastern end of the Arc and presently trying for Intelsat 903k 34.5w.couldnt find any newer tp listings for my area so took my best shot where that bird is and found one strong tp with nothing on it 11981H/4015.Am i on the right bird?couldnt find this tp listed anywhere.

most stuff between amazons and hispasat is hard to find for me unless the weather is just right. I have seen stuff on 45 degrees west before. 58 - forget it unless you have the right sort of lnb. The others, it's hit and miss. Of course, if your on a bud, I guess you probably might have better luck then me.

It is fun trying to hunt for the stuff though. I think I've seen live TPs on some of the orbatal weather satellites before at weird times by studying when they would be at what location. Never any live tv or radio signals there though.

I think i found NSS 10 C 37.5w! What do you think?The selected Tp is metro tv from Ghana.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 214
Stan,

I'm getting several tp's on 43w. The strongest is CNN's TP 4040 H 30800. The only channel ITC on this tp is Spanish CNN radio. But once you find it scan over to Tetetica and enjoy. (also in Spanish, but has a good local news on at 9pm eastern.

Here are some of the other C-band sats in the east I see and the tp's I used to find them.

45w 3761 V 4412
55.5w 3772 V 13333
58w 4041 H 25590
61w 3631 H 2785

Jim

You guys in the east? I'm in AZ and was resetting the locations in my rotor. I know the arc isn't right. had a tough time getting what it has and that was done a couple years ago. Plus I think the arm is offset to one side a bit. It was a ebay dish/rotor combo. Supposed to be a winegard But I don't think it is. Anyway, best I was able to find to the east was 58

You guys in the east? I'm in AZ and was resetting the locations in my rotor. I know the arc isn't right. had a tough time getting what it has and that was done a couple years ago. Plus I think the arm is offset to one side a bit. It was a ebay dish/rotor combo. Supposed to be a winegard But I don't think it is. Anyway, best I was able to find to the east was 58

Well I'm in Michigan, more East than you are. Stanleyjohn is back East in CT.
Note location in the upper right corner of our posts.
Try aligning your dish with the North Star some night to get the arc.

Stan,

I'm getting several tp's on 43w. The strongest is CNN's TP 4040 H 30800. The only channel ITC on this tp is Spanish CNN radio. But once you find it scan over to Tetetica and enjoy. (also in Spanish, but has a good local news on at 9pm eastern.

Here are some of the other C-band sats in the east I see and the tp's I used to find them.

45w 3761 V 4412
55.5w 3772 V 13333
58w 4041 H 25590
61w 3631 H 2785

Jim

Thanks Jim! I did find 43W yesterday with a good amount of scrambled channels on it.I did find one that was not scrambled but heard its now scrambled again.If your interested in this one ii have a thread in whats up there.I will look for 45 and 61 today.

Thanks Jim! I did find 43W yesterday with a good amount of scrambled channels on it.If your interested in this one ii have a thread in whats up there.

I applied to join your exclusive club a while back, never heard back anything. Not sure what it takes to get in there.

Well I'm in Michigan, more East than you are. Stanleyjohn is back East in CT.
Note location in the upper right corner of our posts.
Try aligning your dish with the North Star some night to get the arc.

I've been running search on the forum for this. From what I have found so far, if the rotating tube coming out of the motor was not bent and you could see through it, you would sight through it like a telescope with the star in the center? I found this bit:
set up both telescopes and dishes using polaris and making a slight adjustment for date and time (polaris is about .8 degree off the celestial pole).
Need to find out more about this offset.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)