hunting new stb - is 8 psk mod worth the time and price FOR FTA ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

madratboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tx
sold my previous stbs . so i am hunting for a new dvb-s2 ... i keep finding the 8psk module kits.
DO i really ne to look into 8psk module for stb or find one with 8psk installed . or just find a wifi dvb-s2 . is 8psk worth biting the bullet and getting now with new box ? i understand what 8psk is and some/most down beams have this now .

STBs with optional 8PSK modules are Pirate boxes. the 8PSK module is for Turbo coded 8PSK You don't want them. A DVBS2 receiver is what you want. The latest and greatest being talked about here are the Amiko NanoHD and the GeoSatPro MicroHD. I like the MicroHD and own two myself.

thats what i was thinking . but i found a LOT of 8pks modules and a few stb's with it in there . just checking - if it was really NEEDED . for true fta !

If hacker gear were cheap...
...if it did real FTA, motor, switch, S2, blind scan, et al...
I would be recommending it.
HOWEVER...getting all those features sorted out on legit boxes is a big enough mountain to climb.
Hackers don't need half those features, so they get little or no support.
I have a GeoSat microSD and would have to recommend that receiver on account of its first rate support.
?

There are two flavors of 8PSK. Normal DVBS2 and the kind Dishnetwork uses which has Turbo FEC. You can't tune both types with one chip. That's why hacker gear has separate tuners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts