Huntington Beach is now in HD!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, I think it was called ExtremeHD. Had its own small dish, was going to sell Blu-ray quality movies. 2 years ago maybe. I only follow the FTA forums, so am clueless about where this idea went.

Are we even sure that this is destined to be another beach cam? It could be another one of those news feeds that has a camera running when it's not being used for something else, like CNN Newssource, the CBS feeds on 99W Ku, and the NBC feeds on 103W Ku. (I still don't know why anyone does that, other than to show that they have too much money.)

What purpose does this beach cam serve? Same goes for those feeds that show the white house?

Are they some form of security like highway cams? Place holders? Entertainment for the living dead?
There must be some reason for the resources being used to keep it up and running. And who's paying for it?

I've seen the shot of the White House projected behind the anchor on CNN. The networks probably have unlimited b/w on their main sats, so why not use it?

those (White House, Capitol building, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial) are usually fibered from a network's DC bureau to the network studios. The networks sometimes turn it around to affiliates using satellite so affiliates can have something pretty to show on the way to commercial, back from commercial, or behind the current weather conditions on their newscasts.

As for the beach cams, I imagine they might pump up the bitrate at some point.

I should hope so. If it looks as horrible as this thread is leading me to believe, then I can imagine how bad it looks on the larger videowall at the retail stores.

Of course as previously mentioned, maybe the women are too busy shopping to notice the poor video display in the store.

If it looks as horrible as this thread is leading me to believe, then I can imagine how bad it looks on the larger videowall at the retail stores.

Bad? It is. Think typical Internet streaming content for an average user 10-15 years ago. On dial-up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts