Huntington beach SES 3 @ 103.0W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you look at the shadows you can tell where the sun is in the sky and make a time judgment. I heard it's a taped loop nowadays instead of a live feed.
At that time in the AM you would be casting long shadows to the water

Reactions: dougruss
Remember them being live at one point then they were gone altogether. There was a thread here about them upgrading/adding cams and speculation on whether they were down for that but when they came back it was a loop. Don't think that's changed. :(

Last edited:
For a channel that had nothing but a beach, it was a place I really enjoyed when it was live. Not being near an ocean, I got such a charge out of seeing a person standing in deep water and later in the day people standing in the same place on almost dry sand. Very sad when it went to tape. Sure wish the live cameras would return. There are other live ones there, but the different angles from them are just not the same.

True. wish it would return LIVE. With the audio PIDs that could be manually programmed. It was my REST channel.

Reactions: RT-Cat
Does anyone know what the purpose of the beach cams is especially since they are just loops and not real time?

they've got monitors in their stores. IIRR one is a multi panel display. (if they're going to loop the d4ng thing, wouldn't it make more sense to just play a recording 'on site')

they've got monitors in their stores. IIRR one is a multi panel display. (if they're going to loop the d4ng thing, wouldn't it make more sense to just play a recording 'on site')
With what satellite use must cost, one would think so. They must be "sending" it somewhere....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)