Hurricane Katrina - 175 MPH sustained winds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
There now reading the adivsory on Fox news to the pictures of terrible hurricane footage

Well, well, well; here it comes. I actually live to the EAST of the storm, in North West Florida on a barrier island....well not anymore, I have evacuated. The storm is effecting many in a very large area, on Pensacola Beach FL roads have already breached and waves have smashed against the pier knocking out planks. It's a sign of what's to come, and its no where near us (the eye that is...).
I hope my one week old SuperDish will hold up! And look, there is another system (TD 13?) that is moving up which will be Tropical Storm Lee (I think) soon. The gulf is HOT, we are talking 90°F, Lee could be a repeat of Katrina.

For those who have evacuated and want to see local coverage or just for the curious, two local New Orleans channels are now streaming live video:

WWL TV 4 The news team is using Baton Rouge studios for their broadcast. The NO studios were evacuated.

WDSU TV 6 Currently simulcasting WAPI TV 16 Jackson, MS which is interesting since APT is an ABC affiliate and WDSU is an NBC affiliate.

Stay safe out there!

See ya
Tony

I heard on the news last night that they would expect a death toll of over 30,000 from a storm like this with where it is hitting.

The reason you find more national reporters doing the storm than locals is due to the fact that there would be more people to watch the national news than the local news since people would not be watching and not have power locally. Perhaps some stations close to the storm but not close enough to have a whole lot of power outages would also be covering the storm. Some reporters may just be recording it from a generator or battery to have coverage when they go back on air. One reporter from Fox News has been recording it in New Orleans then transmits it back through the computer.

LMAO!!!!

Did anyone see the report from Brian Andrews of WFOR Miami

Hilarious stuff.

He's standing outside and says I'm going to try to go out to that mailbox in the middle of canal street. He says to the camera man to yell at him if he sees any debris flying toward him.

great reporting...

BFG said:
LMAO!!!!

Hilarious stuff.

He's standing outside and says I'm going to try to go out to that mailbox in the middle of canal street. He says to the camera man to yell at him if he sees any debris flying toward him.

great reporting...

WTF....I hope this guy has good health coverage and benefits (mental heath benefits). This guy needs mental heath help to actually want to do this.

ahahaha They just showed the best part on my local news, I missed it earlier.
When he comes running back from the middle of the street back to cover, the wind gusts and he falls flat on his ass...

found the video online: http://wfor.dayport.com/

when the window pops up click on brian andrews 1pm report

aww they cut the part when there own reporter falls on his ass (guess they didn't want to embarass him ;))

still looked like fun though :D

BFG said:
LMAO!!!!

Hilarious stuff.

great reporting...

The best part was when he pulled a piece off of it trying to keep from getting blown away. He then looks at it like he's somewhat amazed and then proceeds to toss it into the street, trying to put it off as just another piece of debris. I wonder if that piece hit another reporter down the street if it would be poetic justice ;).

I also like the part where the wind threw him flat on his face.

My wife and I both agree that we're sticking to the Midwest and its more localized disasters like tornadoes. Our hearts go out to all who are affected by this. Our local Red Cross sent their Emergency Response Vehicle and team down late last week.

I found this on the Wunderground weather site. It's a plot of the tropical storm and hurricane force wind fields from Katrina over the storm's path. One way to put it into perspective is to think of the red area as the path of destruction of a >F1 tornado.

Attachments

• AT200512-Katrina_Cumulative-Wind-History.gif
    AT200512-Katrina_Cumulative-Wind-History.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 115
Is the local new orleans channel available on free to air?

If so, do you have the satellitename, polarity and frequency to get it in?

Thanks,

Mike Dubis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts