HWS connected to network switch

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
So apparently the HWS will supply the internet signal to a network switch that can be shared with other devices.

I have a LAN cable that comes into my TV cabinet that is then connected to a simple network switch. The switch is then connected to the TV, HWS, Apple TV and Bluray player. I was troubleshooting an issue last night and discovered that the LAN cable that is supposed to connect the switch to the main router was never connected. This was puzzling because all the devices were showing an internet connection to a wired (not wireless) connection. I unplugged the HWS and all the devices lost their internet signal. I plugged the HWS back in and all the devices once again had a connection.

I guess the HWS was getting the internet signal from my second HWS over MOCA and then it was supplying the internet connection to the other 4 devices? Does this sound right?

So could I link my 2 HWS via the second LAN connection on primary HWS to the secondary HWS using a) direct Ethernet crossover cable, b) a network switch, or c) a wireless router will all firewall features turned off? Just turn on bridging to both HWS? Or just the primary?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)