HWS Hard Drive Fail

garywiley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Sequim, WA
This morning one of my HWS had an error message that stated the hard drive had failed. It said to unplug for 10 seconds and then plug it in. I did this and it seems to have recovered. This HWS was replaced about a month ago, after a total failure. Do I need to get another replacement? This is unacceptable.

If working, no. It may have just been a software glitch. I would be precautious and have an EHD on standby periodically moving recordings over, but if working, you should be good for now.

Ditto dat!

Especially da EHD part.

I think I'll go buy another RAID box and a couple of HDDs today, to ease the 72% load on my Hopper #1.

At Costco now for microwave and cheap lunch. Will look when I get home. But it's discontinued. Looking at Amazon for another one.

They were out of onions. I like their dogs and sausage but I'll never get their pizza again. Man, I've never seen so much grease!

20oz drink here, with refill.

Hey Navy, what raid box do you use?
No microwaves at Costco. Can you imagine?

Crossed street got $80 temporary one from the big orange box. Couldn't see the tiny $60 one. When main one comes, will keep temp as a backup.

It was a Vantec NexStar MX. I just ordered the updated version, which works with USB 3 also. The Hopper is USB 2, but maybe the next version will be 3. Inexpensive. I found at least one for less, but not much less. I'm content with this one's performance.

I have a couple of 250s I will pop in there. Saw WD Blue 1TB for $44.?? @ at Amazon. Decided to break down and get a couple and outfit this puppy new and large. But the seller limited each buyer to one, so I came to my senses. :D

Reactions: gadgtfreek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)