HWS & Joey freezing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrat69

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Southern Indiana
I have 2 HWS and 2 Joey's, This last week I noticed the Joey in my bedroom was freezing up, It would freeze, for about 5-10 seconds, then go to a pixalized screen then resume. Staurday night It was doing the same thing, even on DVR'd recordings. I swapped the Joey's and connected them to the Family room hopper it still reacted the same. either Joey in either bedroom connected to that hopper had problems. If linked to the Living Room HWS both Joeys work fine. Both HWS are on SW 529 both Joey's are on 395. The Family Room HWS will also freeze up, but not as noticeable 2-5 seconds. Is this HWS going bad? It will say Hard Drive faliure sometimes, but works ok after unplugging it for awhile. Should I have it replaced or move on to the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey's?

I have 2 HWS and 2 Joey's, This last week I noticed the Joey in my bedroom was freezing up, It would freeze, for about 5-10 seconds, then go to a pixalized screen then resume. Staurday night It was doing the same thing, even on DVR'd recordings. I swapped the Joey's and connected them to the Family room hopper it still reacted the same. either Joey in either bedroom connected to that hopper had problems. If linked to the Living Room HWS both Joeys work fine. Both HWS are on SW 529 both Joey's are on 395. The Family Room HWS will also freeze up, but not as noticeable 2-5 seconds. Is this HWS going bad? It will say Hard Drive faliure sometimes, but works ok after unplugging it for awhile. Should I have it replaced or move on to the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey's?

My guess would be that your hard drive is going bad (has happened to me twice). I would suggest contacting DiRT and If you want to save your recordings I would suggest moving them to an EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)