This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HwS never finds Tuner 3 on 1K.2

zevs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I have a Hopper with Sling (no Joeys) and a 1000.2 on WA that I've set up but it never seems to be happy with the third tuner.

I have a solo node with one coax running from the port labeled 1 on the LNB to dp plus 1 on the solo node and another coax running from the port labeled 2 on the LNB to dp plus 2 on the node. Then dpX TO HOST has a coax running to my Hopper.

Whenever I do a Check Switch, Tuner 1 and 2 have three green checks with 119, 110, and 129, but Tuner 3 has three red Xs.

All the diagrams I've found include Joeys, so I'm just guessing on how to hook it up, but I must be missing something.

Do I not have the wiring right?

At your Hopper, do you have a Separator? You should have a single coax from the Solo Node to the area of the Hopper. That coax goes into the single side of the separator. The dual side of the separator should have 2 coaxes that go to the Hopper.

At your Hopper, do you have a Separator? You should have a single coax from the Solo Node to the area of the Hopper. That coax goes into the single side of the separator. The dual side of the separator should have 2 coaxes that go to the Hopper.
Um No.
Hoppers don't use Separators.

To the OP
This is the correct wiring below.
But you could have a bad, Cable, Bad Solo node, bad LNB ,bad Hopper.
Did you make sure you are not connected to the LNB IN on your LNB.
How about trying a different port on your LNB.
And don't do this with your hopper powered up.

I had similar problems once when I had HWS units, turns out it was one of the nodes.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Troch77

Of course you are right! I knew my Hopper 3 had but one coax input but I didn't think to look at my Hopper 1 (which is stored). I did look at it this morning and it also has one input. I guess I had one cocktail too many when I wrote my incorrect post.

Ha Ha, I kind of figured you knew better.