HWS not seeing my WD MyCloud device

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gjolsen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
New Hampshire
After being with Directv for a few years, I decided to come back to Dish. This past week I got 2 HWS and 3 Joeys installed in my house. So far, I'm loving it. The Hopper is so much more responsive than the Directv Genie ever was. One issue I'm currently having though is that with Directv I used to be able to access my WD MyCloud device and get to my pictures, and music via my Genie receiver. For some reason with the HWS in the Home Media, I don't see the WD MyCloud device even listed.

Is there something special I need to do to be able to even see this?

Is it set up as a DLNA server? If not, the Hopper isn't going to see it.

Also, there are complaints about poor support for DLNA on the Hopper. I gave up even trying to get it to work at all, after finding only one server program out of everything I tried that wouldn't lock up the Hopper when trying to index my (admittedly extremely large) file collection, and then finding that the free version of that program wouldn't transcode. (I don't even NEED my files indexed, they're organized just the way I want them on my server, but the geniuses at Dish decided that making their flagship product support SMB and/or NFS like a real media player wasn't important, apparently. Likewise, I don't care how powerful servers are today, there should never be a need to transcode anything, because clients are powerful today too!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts